In the early going, Adrian Hubbard's only been mentioned for being hurt. He better get better and show something or he'll get left in the dust. Well, okay, maybe not until after he's had a chance in the exhibition games.

I love Janis's potential, but it's hard not to root for Myles "Standish" White. I read somewhere, in answer to someone's question about him getting any stronger, that he's gained (I think) 18 pounds the last two years.

I'm wondering if Jayrone Elliot is showing anything yet. Or maybe he's waiting for the exhibition games to start.

I wonder, too, if that young QB - Blanchard, is it? - is going to make life tough for TT and Mikey-Mike. What do they do if they see a real pro QB in him, far closer to being ready than Hundley, who surely would be snatched up if they try to sneak him onto the PS? Maybe Casey Hayward can loan one of them his hamstrings so one of them can be put on injured reserve.

Ah, Hayward. I have a feeling - just a feeling, but his history supports it - that he's never going to truly develop into a reliable starter. Guy gets hurt more often than a sensitive seventh grade girl on her first period. Not his fault, I know, but it must give the coaches pause. Joe Whitt better be giving those rooks and Goodson a crash course. Someone's going to have to emerge from that group as an outside starter.