Thread: Vic Ketchmab calls a spade a spade with fans who live in fantasy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The key question to ask is what would the Packers be like without Aaron Rodgers - or if he was merely a good QB instead of as great as he is? I'm not talking Cutler quality, but let's say maybe Eli Manning or Alex Smith, like that. My answer would be that looking down the rest of the roster, we'd have a pretty bad team - overall, worse that just about anybody else you can name. THAT tells the tale about Ted Thompson. Anybody disagree?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    The key question to ask is what would the Packers be like without Aaron Rodgers - or if he was merely a good QB instead of as great as he is? I'm not talking Cutler quality, but let's say maybe Eli Manning or Alex Smith, like that. My answer would be that looking down the rest of the roster, we'd have a pretty bad team - overall, worse that just about anybody else you can name. THAT tells the tale about Ted Thompson. Anybody disagree?
    We don't see eye to eye on much....but I agree 100% here. I think we might win 3 or 4 games with Eli on our roster. Our team is built on Aaron being dominant, precise, and winning the turnover battle. We are not a very talented team top to bottom. Look at the Giants this year. Eli was like 29th in QBR this season and they still won 11 games. Look what happens for stretches when Aaron plays mediocre-good...we lose a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    WE also would have drafted several spots higher in every single round of every single draft the last 10 years. Anybody disagree?

And I would disagree at how bad we would be. Its completely unkown who we would have at QB, but I suspect with MM's ability to develop a QB it would be someone above average.

I'll also say take Brady from Belligenius or Ryan from quinn, or Rothlesburger from Tomlin, or any starting QB from any NFCC or AFCC team and see what happens.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.