Thread: Off-season 2023 Banjo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The only reason people are leaving at this point is because the Packers cap space is almost entirely ate up by a handful of players. Anyone looking to get a top level salary is going to have to look elsewhere at this point, because the Packers won’t be in the market for any more expensive contracts until they dig out from the clusterfuck of Rodgers’ contract.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The only reason people are leaving at this point is because the Packers cap space is almost entirely ate up by a handful of players. Anyone looking to get a top level salary is going to have to look elsewhere at this point, because the Packers won’t be in the market for any more expensive contracts until they dig out from the clusterfuck of Rodgers’ contract.
    True. They have cap issues to sort out, and what they do with the QB will drive many decisions too.
    I doubt Lazard's the top priority for them this offseason.

I think they'd like to bring Lazard back; he has more value to certain teams like GB, SF, MIA, LAR... possibly CHI and MIN. Any with Shanahan roots that would like a big blocking WR.
    He's a good blocker and best in the 'big slot' role, but some teams aren't going to value him. He'll get interest and with the WR FA market being kind of bananas he could get a nice offer. If that's the case I wish him luck -- he seems like a good dude and he's earned a payday. He's a nice player but I don't think his skills are irreplaceable. I could see GB going younger (Lazard is 27) and cheaper, possibly with a TE who can run.