Thread: Eliot Wolf staying in Green Bay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Luck is the explanation people give for the success of those they don’t like or understand.

Was Ted lucky Rodgers was available? He had the unique vision to accurately recognize an opportunity, and the significant will to take advantage of it in the face of what he knew would be vocal opposition.

None of the GM's who selected before him - almost all of whom had stronger needs at the QB position - possessed any of that. And has been mentioned before, very few pundits/fans/etc. did either. He was roundly criticized but stuck to his vision in spite of overwhelming public pressure and criticism.

Lucky indeed.

If Ted wasn't so good, he'd be bad. Therefore he's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Luck is the explanation people give for the success of those they don’t like or understand.

Was Ted lucky Rodgers was available? He had the unique vision to accurately recognize an opportunity, and the significant will to take advantage of it in the face of what he knew would be vocal opposition.

None of the GM's who selected before him - almost all of whom had stronger needs at the QB position - possessed any of that. And has been mentioned before, very few pundits/fans/etc. did either. He was roundly criticized but stuck to his vision in spite of overwhelming public pressure and criticism.

Lucky indeed.

If Ted wasn't so good, he'd be bad. Therefore he's bad.
    Ted has brass balls the size of Ohio for that pick. I was in a motel room shouting with Berman "Pick him! Pick him!"

Since I thought that was a good pick I could probably do just as good a job, right?!