Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

You corrected yourself there, Mrayn. For a second I thought you were going to go down that ol' training camp path..."maybe ____ will give us a fourth round pick for our extra FA offensive lineman who won't make the Packer roster anyway!"
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Went to practice today. Young guys got a lot of work although Rodgers played a lot.

House was out with a hammy. Montgomery only did individual work on the sideline from what I saw. Not sure I saw Jordy out here.

Big Michael Clark had HHCD beat deep so HHCD pulled him down for pass interference. Clark seemed a bit pissed about it.

Lowry batted down a pass which resulted in a Jake Ryan INT.

Both Dupre and Yancey had some nice plays.

Montay Crockett had a nice catch for a gig gain but had a drop later.

Barcley and Arod had a fumbled snap exchange.

Bennett grabbed the back of his leg late in practice. Didn't look too bad but I wonder if he'll be held out Thursday Night.

Hundley looked very good. Could be a fun preseason with him.

Edit:

Gunter got beat deep again. Yeah it happens to others too, but it seems to happen more with him.

Randall had a nice pass breakup while playing slot. Did a nice job of playing physical to get position.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 08-07-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Rodgers ran the scout team, Hundley was with the 1s.

Hundley said of Rodgers: "He does a damn good impersonation of Carson Wentz."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Lowry batted down a pass which resulted in a Jake Ryan INT.
    must have been a screen pass or check-down.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You corrected yourself there, Mrayn. For a second I thought you were going to go down that ol' training camp path..."maybe ____ will give us a fourth round pick for our extra FA offensive lineman who won't make the Packer roster anyway!"
    yeah, to get something, the guy has to be valuable to multiple teams, so a team is afraid of them hitting the open market. A good showing by Packer TEs might just net a conditional seventh rounder.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Biegel Refuses to Bite

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ain/547142001/

He will not share whatever his targeted return date is. Which I assume means its Friday or next offseason.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Biegel Refuses to Bite

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ain/547142001/

He will not share whatever his targeted return date is. Which I assume means its Friday or next offseason.
    He won't say when he'll be unleashed? He's very cagy.

I suspect he hasn't been told...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect he hasn't been told...
    there's absolutely no reason to hurry him back. there's already two guys just like him on the team. just take their time with him.

How long will the Biegel be a PUP? When will he finally become a dog and be unleashed?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    McCarthy: We're creating opportunities where young players are and create as many combinations as possible.

McCarthy: Fourth preseason game will be more competitive with only one roster cut.

McCarthy: This is a Thursday type practice today. We need to improve on what we did Wednesday with transition to the cards (scout team).

McCarthy: I'll call the first three games and Edgar Bennett will call plays in the last preseason game.

McCarthy: Don't have a long term concern for CB Davon House (hamstring).

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCarthy: Don't have a long term concern for CB Davon House (hamstring).
    So he's out for the season then?

Blog Entries
    Aaron Nagler ✔ @AaronNagler
    There he goes again. Hundley hits a leaping Michael Clark on a perfectly thrown corner route. Clark skies over D Randall for the TD.
    Aaron Nagler ✔ @AaronNagler
    Another TD catch from Clark, this one from Rodgers. The QBs are clearly enjoying throwing it up to him.
    McCaffery has reportedly been really good and I think has a shot at the 53, but none of those guys fighting for roster spots has the potential of the big man. If he can get a year to actually learn how to play the game, look out. Harold Carmichael Jr. with hops.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    McCaffery has reportedly been really good and I think has a shot at the 53, but none of those guys fighting for roster spots has the potential of the big man. If he can get a year to actually learn how to play the game, look out. Harold Carmichael Jr. with hops.
    Not sure if you saw my post from yesterday Vince. Clark had HHCD beat deep so HHCD committed intentional PI to prevent a TD. The final cutdown at WR is going to be interesting. If he has a big preseason, the Packers may have a tough time sneaking him onto the PS. Might need to pay him to stay here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Not sure if you saw my post from yesterday Vince. Clark had HHCD beat deep so HHCD committed intentional PI to prevent a TD. The final cutdown at WR is going to be interesting. If he has a big preseason, the Packers may have a tough time sneaking him onto the PS. Might need to pay him to stay here.
    No but I did now. Thanks for that. Good fan reports are the best things to read IMO. I still remember fondly JH's classic training camp report featuring the hot red head in the stands and all her "jiggly wonder" or something like that. I went to camp a few years back and watched and talked Packers with Wayne Larrivee for 2 hours. Good times at training camp. It's great getting up close to the action too.

And I'm starting to agree that there's too much there to lose regardless of how ready Clark is now. Roster spots are going to be tight though. Not enough spots for some guys I'd like to see make the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    No but I did now. Thanks for that. Good fan reports are the best things to read IMO. I still remember fondly JH's classic training camp report featuring the hot red head in the stands and all her "jiggly wonder" or something like that. I went to camp a few years back and watched and talked Packers with Wayne Larrivee for 2 hours. Good times at training camp. It's great getting up close to the action too.

And I'm starting to agree that there's too much there to lose regardless of how ready Clark is now. Roster spots are going to be tight though. Not enough spots for some guys I'd like to see make the squad.
    Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.
    Yeah that might be an opportunity to sneak him onto the PS after week 1.

Here's a nugget from Sunday featuring a couple guys I've heard virtually nothing about... from Eric Baranczyk who usually has a pretty good take on stuff I think.

Undrafted rookies Donatello Brown and Geoff Gray look like they have a chance to make the roster. Brown, a cornerback from Valdosta State, has decent size (6-0, 190) and speed (4.50 40), and he competes every down. Gray (6-5, 315), a guard from the University of Manitoba, is a mauler as a run blocker. He has a ways to go in pass protection, though, because he’s too aggressive and compromises his balance by reaching for his guy.
    Not sure a guy who struggles in pass protection has much of a shot at the 53 though... Plus it's crowded along the OL and those guys have limited special teams value.
    That last CB spot could be up for grabs with Waters going down and Gunter sucking it up. I seem to be reading mixed reviews about Hawkins. Haven't heard much from Lenzy Pipkins who was a pre-camp darling projected to make some people's rosters....
    I think watching for one of those CB's to stand out on special teams - without getting toasted outside of course - in preseason could make the difference for someone.

I went to Family Night. I thought I'd be more impressed by Clark. He had a couple of one on one deep throws, and his ball skills and competitiveness were lacking. My gut tells me that it will be Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Allison, Davis, and Janis with a couple of the rookies sneaking onto the practice squad. To me, Allison and Davis both looked much improved.

I thought Aaron Jones and Devante Mays looked rather pedestrian. Jamaal Williams looked solid, but Ty Montgomery is by far the best RB we have. If he stays healthy and improves in pass pro, he's going to surprise a lot of people around the NFL.

Taysom Hill looks like a clone of Joe Callahan.

My gut tells me House, King, Randall, Rollins, and Hawkins will be the top five corners with one other player likely slipping into the mix for a 6th spot. I was a bit disappointed in Kevin King though. He looked disinterested when he was playing off coverage. To be fair, I watched him on fewer than 10 plays.

One guy who caught my eye was ILB Cody Heiman. I had to look at the roster to see who he was. He might be a good practice squad candidate.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers injury report: There was no post-practice update on TE Richard Rodgers, who dropped out midway through the practice. Others who did not practice were: WR Colby Pearson (ankle), CB Davon House (hamstring), CB Demetri Goodson (knee), OLB Vince Biegel (foot), TE Beau Sandland (knee), DT Montravius Adams (foot).

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

TE Richard Rodgers never returned to the field after dropping out early. We'll see if there's an update in the locker room.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Mason Crosby goes 6-for-6 with makes from 33, 35, 36, 38, 38 and 40. Another 38-harder was aborted when holder Justin Vogel couldn't handle a high snap.

Vogel is going to cost us a playoff victory this year, isn't he?