Thread: More Banjo: Week 9 vs. Detroit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Now we see how much of a deodorant A-Rod was to the defense. They had some moments where they were tough against the run, but then Detroit is not exactly a running team. The failure to generate a pass rush by winning one on ones, and then getting whipped on all of the all out blitzes is very discouraging.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Now we see how much of a deodorant A-Rod was to the defense. They had some moments where they were tough against the run, but then Detroit is not exactly a running team. The failure to generate a pass rush by winning one on ones, and then getting whipped on all of the all out blitzes is very discouraging.
    Its easier to see defense's holes even when Rodgers was playing. But the holes in offense, for me, are easier to see now.

However, the final state of the offense won't be decided until the coach and the QB have to decide what they are going to do on offense. After this game, I think it means no huddle and lots of Monty not Jones.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its easier to see defense's holes even when Rodgers was playing. But the holes in offense, for me, are easier to see now.

However, the final state of the offense won't be decided until the coach and the QB have to decide what they are going to do on offense. After this game, I think it means no huddle and lots of Monty not Jones.
    Not that Green Bay has ever been accused of being a running team under McCarthy, but I was wondering if they would try and establish the run more once Hundley became the starter. Use the run to setup play action and then take your chances down the field on play action. Nope. This isn't second-guessing, just wondering out loud. I wonder if McCarthy ever thought about taking pressure off of Hundley by becoming more of a run first team when A-Rod went down. If you don't really run the ball, even with Hundley in there, aren't you limiting your offense and asking Hundley to replicate A-Rod's efforts to some extent? The approach seems a bit forced or hard-headed.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Not that Green Bay has ever been accused of being a running team under McCarthy, but I was wondering if they would try and establish the run more once Hundley became the starter. Use the run to setup play action and then take your chances down the field on play action. Nope. This isn't second-guessing, just wondering out loud. I wonder if McCarthy ever thought about taking pressure off of Hundley by becoming more of a run first team when A-Rod went down. If you don't really run the ball, even with Hundley in there, aren't you limiting your offense and asking Hundley to replicate A-Rod's efforts to some extent? The approach seems a bit forced or hard-headed.
    They initially had some running success against New Orleans. However, it becomes harder to run the ball when the opposing defense isn't worried about you throwing the ball more than 10 yards downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    They initially had some running success against New Orleans. However, it becomes harder to run the ball when the opposing defense isn't worried about you throwing the ball more than 10 yards downfield.
    Agreed.
    My mind went kind of numb last night. Play calling seemed to be the least of their problems. Hundley just can't throw accurately on medium or long passes, so I didn't really expect anything to work.
    My talk of replacing Hundley with Lil Joe Callahan has been a joke. But maybe it isn't terrible idea.

I bet it was one of the first things that crossed his mind. The last time Rodgers went down, they rode Eddie Lacy to the last game of the season. This year, they have another hot hand. Except he couldn't do anything against a stacked box in this game.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.