Thread: The "R" word

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    sounds like tramon has turned down our offer and is hitting the road

no one has a clue whats going on with house, i'm hoping we aren't offering him more then we just tried to give tramon

long time defensive leader hawk is gone for now

long time defensive pile of shit brad jones is gone

another fat POS in raji may or may not come back

sounds like cobb is gone

juhn could be gone

bulaga could be gone (we have heard nothing from either side about him, i would hope we lock him up)

are we going through a little bit of a rebuilding period here? free agency hasn't started yet, but we're never a huge player in that. it sure seems like we aren't just getting ready to add the last couple of pieces to win a super bowl, and seems more like we're dumping more big contract vets and getting ready to replace with cheaper younger guys

we did this during the favre years too. it was never a full blown rebuilding job, cause we always had favre (except for the 4-12 year), but we did have mini-rebuilds

it seems to me like we might be closer to the begining of a cycle, then closer to the goal

we're always doing a little bit of rebuilding every year with TT and his whole "almost draft entirely" approach, but this year seems a bit bigger
    Good points, but I would argue that about everyone of those players is losing a step. We need to re-sign Bulaga and Cobb, but I don't see any of those other guys as a priority. Hawk and Jones were liabilities on the field. Raji never played a snap. Kuhns are a dime a dozen. Heady smart players who work hard, but aren't that talented is almost a cliche. I would say it would help to re-sign EITHER Tramon or House, but both aren't a big priority. So, in reality, we get back 3 guys and I think we only get better with youth from there.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Good points, but I would argue that about everyone of those players is losing a step. We need to re-sign Bulaga and Cobb, but I don't see any of those other guys as a priority. Hawk and Jones were liabilities on the field. Raji never played a snap. Kuhns are a dime a dozen. Heady smart players who work hard, but aren't that talented is almost a cliche. I would say it would help to re-sign EITHER Tramon or House, but both aren't a big priority. So, in reality, we get back 3 guys and I think we only get better with youth from there.
    Mostly agree with that. Rebuilding is when because of age or money a team finds it necessary to replace major contributors, Replacing non-contributors like Raji, guys who actually hindered you on the filed like Jones & Hawk, or guys who made small contributions like Kuhn and House is not rebuilding. House is important only if Williams does not return.

Cobb, Bulaga and one of Williams or House are important to the team. Even if all four are gone, only three poaitions are being "rebuilt", the others merely replaced.