Thread: Ishmael Flicks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    High school Peter Parker is my favorite Peter Parker. This latest reboot has been by far my favorite. How far has Marvel come that now you shoehorn Iron Man into Spiderman's origin story to get people to come see it?

The strength of the X-Men has always been that it's a compelling conflict. It's ideology of MLK vs Malcolm X. Done well, the bad guys aren't evil; they are just wrong. This made the X-Men the jewel of Marvel for years and the lack of it is what makes so many of their current books utter trash. The SJW writers of today's Marvel cast the straw man versions of their political opponents as villains. Ironically, the consequentialist ethics of activism make for extremely compelling villains as with Killmonger in the last Black Panther movie. I read several commentaries from the usual SJW suspects talking about how Killmonger was a hero in the aftermath of that film. Terrific villains make for terrific stories because the conflict is real.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    The strength of the X-Men has always been that it's a compelling conflict. It's ideology of MLK vs Malcolm X. Done well, the bad guys aren't evil; they are just wrong.
    This is a good insight.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck