View Poll Results: What is a fair profit for an average NFL owner?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - They make their money when they sell the team.

1 3.45%
  • $10 M max. Similar to players on their second contract

0 0%
  • $10 - $20 M. Like a top line veteran player

0 0%
  • $20 - 30 M. As much as the highest paid players

2 6.90%
  • $30 - 40 M. A bit more than the top players

2 6.90%
  • $40 M+. Its a huge investments in a wildly successful business. A solid return is deserved.

24 82.76%

Thread: What is a fair profit for an NFL owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I think the players trying to decide what is fair for the owners is a load of crap. What is fair for the players? Should the nfl review the personal assets and tax returns of the players and determine whether it is fair for Player X to have a 12 million dollar house and ten sports cars.
    Its not like the players have another option other than playing in the NFL at the current rate of pay, so it's also a load of crap to say they shouldn't try to get as much money as possible. Next time you're up for a raise tell your boss you're not interested. You're paid fairly enough.

Both sides are greedy pricks, but everyone in here to the person would try to get as much as they can while they can if put in either side of this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I am going to chime in, in my opinion a fair profit for the owners is what ever they can get. This a capitalist economy the last time I checked, and if they can make a billion dollars a year so be it. Unfortunately for them they are in a way business partners with the players. If the players don't play then in theory they don't make jack shit. The owners will get paid their TV contracts regardless of a Strike or a Lock out, but that is it. Their profits won't be maximized without the players.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Its not like the players have another option other than playing in the NFL at the current rate of pay, so it's also a load of crap to say they shouldn't try to get as much money as possible. Next time you're up for a raise tell your boss you're not interested. You're paid fairly enough.

Both sides are greedy pricks, but everyone in here to the person would try to get as much as they can while they can if put in either side of this situation.

They can get paid to play football at a lot of other places. the NFL is just the most lucrative. You can computer program at a bunch of places as well but I bet you get paid a hell of a lot more at Google than some start up.

I dont know why they locked out the players seems dumb to me. I would have locked out the UNION players but that union is gone so no reason to lock them out.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    They can get paid to play football at a lot of other places. the NFL is just the most lucrative. You can computer program at a bunch of places as well but I bet you get paid a hell of a lot more at Google than some start up.

I dont know why they locked out the players seems dumb to me. I would have locked out the UNION players but that union is gone so no reason to lock them out.
    I agree with you that they could play for the CFL or the arena league, but honestly the difference in pay grade is astronomical. I can't think of another industry outside of professional sports where the pay difference is so large. I'm saying neither side is more wrong in my opinion. They are both trying to get as much as they can. Isn't that capitalism at its core?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.