Thread: Robert Griffin III Benched

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This kid is not a bust and I would take him in a second - though not in front of Rodgers obviously. He will be a stud in a few years. He has a great arm. He is just small.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This kid is not a bust and I would take him in a second - though not in front of Rodgers obviously. He will be a stud in a few years. He has a great arm. He is just small.
    Partial is that you?
    Here's what Chris Cooley thinks about that.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I saw Lavar Arrington analyze Robert Griffin III's play Vs San Fran this morning and it was much of the same in the sense of all clarity.

The Washington Redskins finally took the right step and benched Robert griffin III.

Last season (2013) the Redskins failed to improve on their 10–6 regular season record from 2012 or in Robert Griffin III's Rookie Season. The team suffered through a 3–13 season, which was the worst the Washington Redskins posted since 1994. In four starts this season Robert Griffin III is 0-4.

His rope got short and shorter. Maybe in the end his mouth hanged him. You don't often recover in Pro sports from throwing your team under the bus.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

The Washington Redcoats finally took the right step and benched Robert griffin III.
    I dunno if it's the right move. Guess time will tell.

There was a time when Holmgren seriously considered benching a struggling Brett Favre. The Walrus eventually decided to let Favre learn from his mistakes on the field, not the bench. Had Favre been benched, his confidence would've been shot through a black hole, and he would've never turned into the GOAT.

The Redcoats' decision to bench RG3 puzzles me. They're not gonna make the playoffs. RG3 is not a lowly 6th round pick. Let the guy gunsling and gain more experience. Who knows, RG3 could turn out to be the black Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    I dunno if it's the right move. Guess time will tell.

There was a time when Holmgren seriously considered benching a struggling Brett Favre. The Walrus eventually decided to let Favre learn from his mistakes on the field, not the bench. Had Favre been benched, his confidence would've been shot through a black hole, and he would've never turned into the GOAT.

The Redcoats' decision to bench RG3 puzzles me. They're not gonna make the playoffs. RG3 is not a lowly 6th round pick. Let the guy gunsling and gain more experience. Who knows, RG3 could turn out to be the black Favre.
    Problem is, he's not gunslinging, he's gun-shy. Favre was throwing the ball all over the place, just making bad decisions. RG3 is jumpy in the pocket, is absorbing a lot of hits and is more worried about where the next one is coming from than anything else. A QB's confidence can also be destroyed by taking too much of a beating.

He reminds me more of Finley coming back after his injury than anything else. He's hearing footsteps out there.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Problem is, he's not gunslinging, he's gun-shy. Favre was throwing the ball all over the place, just making bad decisions. RG3 is jumpy in the pocket, is absorbing a lot of hits and is more worried about where the next one is coming from than anything else. A QB's confidence can also be destroyed by taking too much of a beating.

He reminds me more of Finley coming back after his injury than anything else. He's hearing footsteps out there.
    According to the Washington Post article WB provided, RG3 "consistently fail to locate open receivers." If that's the main issue, it's fixable with experience. It's not like RG3 is inaccurate. The guy is completing 69% of his passes this season.

Btw, Finley was returning to form prior to the fluke injury.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...giii-vs-eagles

Washington Redskins plan to start RGIII vs. Eagles (in Week 16)

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL writer

Published: Dec. 15, 2014 at 03:18 p.m. ... Updated: Dec. 15, 2014 at 03:38 p.m.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I just think he is not healthy/into it right now. The talent is there. He throws a pretty football and I recall during the joke of an Andy Luck or RG3 debate some were saying that RG3 throws a prettier ball compared to Luck on routes > 20 yards.

I think RG3 will be a pretty good player in time. I don't think that place is necessarily Washington. If I'm RG3, I hope to go to one of the following teams after Washington for a year or two - even if it's as a back-up for a year.

1. Denver
    2. New England
    3. Miami

I think he could realistically end up in one of the following places in a year or so and be successful:

1. Philly
    2. Chicago
    3. Houston
    4. Tampa
    5. Arizona

I just think he is not healthy/into it right now. The talent is there. He throws a pretty football and I recall during the joke of an Andy Luck or RG3 debate some were saying that RG3 throws a prettier ball compared to Luck on routes > 20 yards.

I think RG3 will be a pretty good player in time. I don't think that place is necessarily Washington. If I'm RG3, I hope to go to one of the following teams after Washington for a year or two - even if it's as a back-up for a year.

1. Denver
    2. New England
    3. Miami

I think he could realistically end up in one of the following places in a year or so and be successful:

1. Philly
    2. Chicago
    3. Houston
    4. Tampa
    5. Arizona
    Jacksonville, Houston and Tennessee all have need at QB. The question now is whether or not he can be an effective NFL Starting QB? The reason are his mechanics, pocket presence and vision downfield. He's not seeing multiple open targets and simply firing the ball. Good QB's plant the foot and fire it out there. His footwork as he pass's the ball is sloppy even when he dunks it off.

I've been watching him carefully ever since his injury and that whole thing was messed up something awful.

They hurried Robert Griffin III back and I felt his competitive fire and desire was a part of that. He should have been nursed back much more carefully.

Now writing that overall since that return from his leg injury he's played poorly. He handled the pressure of it all terribly and got in the way of himself and his best interests for his future in the NFL.

I will be surprized if Robert Griffin III ever returns to his Rookie year form.