Thread: Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This is a pretty good article summing up this defense's problems.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/b...om-capers-2017
    the gist seems the defense has no outstanding playmakers, yet they are too good to be as bad as they are. But schematically, Capers should be able to overcome the shortfall in playmakers.

OK, fine. Now tell me how. They didn't give one example of what the Packers should do differently. They just asserted, with statistics, that they suck.

What's the answer? Just one example.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    the gist seems the defense has no outstanding playmakers, yet they are too good to be as bad as they are. But schematically, Capers should be able to overcome the shortfall in playmakers.

OK, fine. Now tell me how. They didn't give one example of what the Packers should do differently. They just asserted, with statistics, that they suck.

What's the answer? Just one example.
    I'm not convinced the game has passed Capers by in terms of Xs and Os. I do wonder if the Packers defensive staff (top to bottom including Capers) is gifted enough at getting the players to play the Xs and Os they are supposed to (communication errors/breakdowns/etc). It's obviously not a practice time issue as every team has to play by the same CBA rules (except the Seahawks apparently).

EDIT: In other words, the Packers need a defensive staff (top to bottom) that is as skilled as the offensive staff at getting their players ready for Sunday.
    Last edited by Smidgeon; 12-14-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.