Thread: Packer Pickem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not being a participant at all in fantasy football, sports betting, sports pools, or anything similar (if that is even what this is), can some explain what a "Pickem" league or what ever is?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not being a participant at all in fantasy football, sports betting, sports pools, or anything similar (if that is even what this is), can some explain what a "Pickem" league or what ever is?
    I think its a regular old, pre-fantasy football, betting pool on the week's pro football action. Each week you get (nominally) 16 games and you pick a winner and rank your certainty of the pick (1-16, 16 being surest bet).

If you pick right, you get the points associated with the rank. If you lose, you get bupkus. Add them up and highest point total wins the week and the money.

At Yahoo, I assume the contest is not for money and its played over the entire season.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yahoo site / entire season / free / champion gets bragging rights .

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think its a regular old, pre-fantasy football, betting pool on the week's pro football action. Each week you get (nominally) 16 games and you pick a winner and rank your certainty of the pick (1-16, 16 being surest bet).

If you pick right, you get the points associated with the rank. If you lose, you get bupkus. Add them up and highest point total wins the week and the money.

At Yahoo, I assume the contest is not for money and its played over the entire season.
    Thanks pb. That actually sounds kind of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Thanks pb. That actually sounds kind of interesting.
    You can still join. Only a one game handicap!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.