Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
So, according to your story, the bad feelings were gone in January 2009? That doesn't explain him telling Peppers in week 15 (December 20, 2010) to beat the Packers. You don't think that's a little peculiar? He didn't tell Peppers good luck with the Jets in week 16. He told them beat the Packers in week 17. That's not strange to you? Favre gets knocked out of the game, plays his last snap ever, and he has Packers on the brain?
Brett Favre will go down in history as an exceptional Green Bay Packer quarterback. Think of him as you feel you must. Most NFL fans will 'only' go there or acknowledge his outstanding accomplishments. Why? It's based in common sense.

I'm a Canadian so a big part of my life as sports fan has been more than just football. I've like the NFL, been a NHL, MLB and NBA fan for about 55 years. I supported the Green Bay Packers in the 1960's. I've always been a proud Green Bay Packer fan. As such I've experienced alot. The good the bad and the ugly.

I'm a Pro sports fan. Very often when a player is dealt from one NHL team to another. That player is expected to, or 'want revenge' on his old team, by playing well against that team. Sometimes the resentment is big and that player simply wishes that his old team plays badly without his services. He wants his old team to fall on their collective ass's. This isn't abnormal and often it's just simple gamemanship.

You and some others here want to, IMO, grasp at straws and take a simple matter of gamemanship (even if that's true) against Brett Favre to justify your angst over him.

Do you even imagine how crushed he must have felt being rejected by the Green Bay Packers given the last outstanding season he had with our team? You hang onto that flippant comment to Julius Peppers, as opposed to all the positives as an NFL QB after Ted Thompson traded him to the New York Jets.

You choose to ignore his post Packer play helped the New York Jets almost get into the post season, after a 4 win season the year before, even playing when not at 100% health. You discount what he did in his first year returning to play the Packers in a Viking uniform. How he almost led the Vikings the following year to another Super Bowl appearance in his final NFL season. Favre's final season 'in final analysis' was extremely successful.

Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!? I will never get it. I will never agree with it either. It's just silliness to hold a grudge against a man such as Brett Favre has been 'in the BIG picture'. Especially so being a Green Bay Packer fan.

Think about it in that context.

GO PACKERS !