My draft board for the Packers would look like this right now:

Dodd, Kevin DE 6'5" 277 Clemson
    Shepard, Sterling WR 5'10" 194 Oklahoma
    Correa, Kamalei DE 6'3" 243 Boise St.
    Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St.
    Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana
    Nassib, Carl DE 6'7" 277 Penn St.
    Spence, Noah DE 6'2" 251 Eastern Kentucky
    Where would Dodd fit? Green Bay has not drafted an OLB who timed worse than 4.75 in the 40 (except Ricky Elmore and that was a disaster) and 7.26 in the 3 cone. Dodd tested 4.86 in the 40 and 7.32 in the three cone. I don't think he's good enough in space to play 3-4 OLB. I have him as strictly a 4-3 DE. In fact, his overall athleticism would be worse than any OLB that TT has drafted, including Elmore.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Where would Dodd fit? Green Bay has not drafted an OLB who timed worse than 4.75 in the 40 (except Ricky Elmore and that was a disaster) and 7.26 in the 3 cone. Dodd tested 4.86 in the 40 and 7.32 in the three cone. I don't think he's good enough in space to play 3-4 OLB. I have him as strictly a 4-3 DE. In fact, his overall athleticism would be worse than any OLB that TT has drafted, including Elmore.
    I didn't think it through that far. I'm going by this: http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/nfl-dra...odd-de-clemson

If drafted by the Packers:

Even with the resigning of Nick Perry and Matthews planned move back outside, you can never have enough pass rushers. Also, Julius Peppers and Nick Perry will be free agents after this season, so the Packers should be looking to add pass rushers in the draft. There could be several good options available when their turn comes at the bottom of the first round, including Kevin Dodd.

Dodd is probably best suited to play as a 4-3 defensive end, but I think he can also play OLB or as a 3-4 DE if he adds a little weight. Although he did look more comfortable rushing from a three-point stance at Clemson, he has a good combination of size and athletic ability to do both. Position doesn’t matter so much either because the Packers play nickel more than base defense. His flexibility, like Peppers and Datone Jones, gives him the ability to play standing up or with his hand in the dirt and he could drop back in Capers zone blitz. With his playmaking ability, he could be very disruptive opposite Mike Daniels and Clay Matthews.
    I mainly want some pass rushers. Dodd seems like one of them.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers