Thread: Official Packers vs. Forty Whiners Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nope. I am becoming convinced that McCarthy has lost the thread of his own offense. That drive looked like every other drive last year. A lot of un-open receivers.
    Is it MM or Rodgers?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...ebut/89422312/

Rodgers’ first pass was his best, a 19-yard slant to Cook on third-and-3 that showcased the newcomer’s impressive and consistent ability to separate from even a cover linebacker like Ray-Ray Armstrong.

His next three dropbacks, however, showed Rodgers at his worst.

Instead of remaining patient behind the Packers’ prized offensive line, standing tall and delivering the ball off his front foot, Rodgers kept trying to make something happen by extending plays when there appeared to be little or no reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think I'm going to start a thread on this media thing.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He did hold onto the ball too long a couple of times. Also a couple of times the line got beat in pass pro very early. Twice it was from the middle (might have been a stunt). So standing in wasn't really an option unless someone was just coming open. I also think he ran himself into trouble once.

But I also saw no one except Cook open early.

Is this about not being in sync? Maybe. Its also preseason.

So the thread I want to start about making a major change seems like a bad idea on almost all fronts. Except that long before Rodgers looked mortal, Nelson was hurt and Adams did not step up, McCarthy's no huddle offense has looked terrible since its first full introduction in 2014. I think teams have it figured out. So that leaves waiting for something deep to open up.

Nelson and maybe Cook are good enough to make that happen and solve the problem. But even if that and the running game make this an offense that can score, its no longer reliable in the short passing game. And its going to cost them versus a very good defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.