Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good year to draft a running back. Could be as many as 10 or more taken in the first 3 rounds. Any love around here from Badger fans for taking Clement in the 3-4 rounds?

Another interesting name is Nick Chubb. Ran for over 1500 yards at Georgia in 2014, and was probably the favorite to win the Heisman in 2015 before a terrible knee injury half way through the season. Played well this season although numbers were down averaging 4.8 YPC on 207 carries. It will be interesting to see when teams are willing to pull the trigger on him. CBS currently has him rated a 2-3 round prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Good year to draft a running back. Could be as many as 10 or more taken in the first 3 rounds. Any love around here from Badger fans for taking Clement in the 3-4 rounds?

Another interesting name is Nick Chubb. Ran for over 1500 yards at Georgia in 2014, and was probably the favorite to win the Heisman in 2015 before a terrible knee injury half way through the season. Played well this season although numbers were down averaging 4.8 YPC on 207 carries. It will be interesting to see when teams are willing to pull the trigger on him. CBS currently has him rated a 2-3 round prospect.
    Clement will probably get drafted but not until late. He doesn't seem break many tackles at the college level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Clement will probably get drafted but not until late. He doesn't seem break many tackles at the college level.
    Agreed, he is neither especially fast nor elusive nor hard to bring down. I think he's the worst feature back the Badgers have had in quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Agreed, he is neither especially fast nor elusive nor hard to bring down. I think he's the worst feature back the Badgers have had in quite a while.
    If he had PJ Hill's O line this would be a different conversation.

But I agree, he doesn't appear destined for Sunday greatness.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Does Nick have any weight issues?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Does Nick have any weight issues?
    If you're asking me if Chubb is his real last name, I have no idea.