Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You guys are so f'ing spoiled. You have no idea what it is like to be fans of most NFL teams. Try living in the shoes of a Redskins fan for just four months. One Superbowl win, three NFC championship games, made the playoffs six years running...You guys are funny
    Not going to lie. The Schottenheimer comparisons are frightening.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    no they are not. Winning a Super Bowl changes everything. Shittenheimer never even made it to the show. Jimmy Johnson and Parcells won just two and they're given idol status. Fuck Shittenheimer. Fuck the negative talk about Stubby and TT and the Packers. Fuck you all if you can't appreciate some pretty goddamm glorious football.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    no they are not. Winning a Super Bowl changes everything. Shittenheimer never even made it to the show. Jimmy Johnson and Parcells won just two and they're given idol status. Fuck Shittenheimer. Fuck the negative talk about Stubby and TT and the Packers. Fuck you all if you can't appreciate some pretty goddamm glorious football.
    I'd rep more of your posts, but I'm not allowed.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

Its has been glorious. It will likely be glorious next year and the year after that. And, while I think the Schotty comparison is a legit point of comparison, it doesn't address Thompson's superior handling of the player personnel and GM side.

But the hesitant approach on the road with a lead and the oddly timed moments of brio are reminiscent of his former boss.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I'm not buying it. MM already won one SB, there is no jinx and no congenital inability to win the big one here. Could MM have done better on Sunday? Maybe, but in his defense he was true to the principles that got the team to that point in the first place. There is a reasonable argument to be made that MM did exactly what he had to do, and that too many players failed to execute when it was time to snuff the life out of the skittles.

But you're an old Browns fan, aren't you? I can imagine that the comparison probably brings back horrid memories that no one would wish to relive.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I'm not buying it. MM already won one SB, there is no jinx and no congenital inability to win the big one here. Could MM have done better on Sunday? Maybe, but in his defense he was true to the principles that got the team to that point in the first place. There is a reasonable argument to be made that MM did exactly what he had to do, and that too many players failed to execute when it was time to snuff the life out of the skittles.

But you're an old Browns fan, aren't you? I can imagine that the comparison probably brings back horrid memories that no one would wish to relive.
    My eyelid has been twitching since I read his name. And there is a vein popping out I haven't seen in a while.