Thread: Proposed new rules not enacted - problem for Bishop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha1 View Post
    Bummer.

Maybe DB's career is over. Fortunately the backup depth is performing nicely.
    I have been surprised that this possibility hasn't been mentioned much. As I recall, a torn hamstring is what ended Mark D'Onofrio's career, after he won a starting LB spot as a rookie. Hopefully, things are better now, and/or Bishop's wasn't as severe. I remember when D'Onofrio was injured, it was feared to be potentially catastrophic almost immediately. Long time ago, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I have been surprised that this possibility hasn't been mentioned much. As I recall, a torn hamstring is what ended Mark D'Onofrio's career, after he won a starting LB spot as a rookie. Hopefully, things are better now, and/or Bishop's wasn't as severe. I remember when D'Onofrio was injured, it was feared to be potentially catastrophic almost immediately. Long time ago, however.
    Some folks tok M3's acknowledgement that Bishop might fit on the amended IR as an indication his prognosis was not as bad as it could have been.

But since they have released zero details or timetable and McCarthy has guilded the lily before on player issues, I would expect that a career ender might not have been ruled out yet. But I expect they already know the prognosis as they mentioned that surgery would reveal the extent of the damage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.