Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
He is serviceable. If he was suddenly present on the Packers roster at the end of last year he is starting opposite Gunter. So consider him tire fire insurance at one level.

Second as Pugger and Joe have said, he was benched for looking at the QB and getting beat behind him in a zone. I would rather have my CBs NOT do that, but he will get to play man to man again with the Packers.

He plays outside CB, where the Packers have a true gaping hole.

I don't consider him a long term solution. Just a bridge. My view of how he will perform varies between good enough and kinda poor. The reason I can't decide my faded memory of the Atlanta night game at Lambeau a couple of years ago. Either he or Shields started versus Julio and held him in check for more than a half. Then they got hurt and the backup came in. If the backup was House, he got roasted then (big Atlanta comeback fell short) and will likely be roasted against top competition again. If House got hurt and was the one who helped bottle Jones up, he might still have some upside.
House was the guy who came in and had some success against Jones.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...e-f690f30a793b

Practically every member of the Packers secondary took a turn against Jones, with little to no success. Cornerback Sam Shields didn’t practice all week due to his recovery from a concussion, and he wasn’t sharp. He eventually gave way in the fourth quarter to House, who held his own against Jones better than any of his teammates. House broke up one deep ball to Jones and then nearly intercepted a pass to him in the end zone.
I remember reading the next day that House went to the coaching staff and begged them to put him on Jones.