Thread: How good is Cobb?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    You can't compare Cobb to Jones or Jennings, he plays a vastly different role in the Pack's offense. He is the successor to Driver's X role, he's shifty and quick, and fearless going over the middle. Driver was crazy durable, which is one thing Cobb has not been so far.

We'll see if Adams and Janis provide depth. Adams is off to a good start, Janis we haven't seen yet, but he was a 7th round pick so he's expected to take more time to have an impact. Boykin seems like a bottom of the roster guy who will be churned out.
    Excellent points on Cobb and Adams. The only thing I don't agree with (honest ) is Janis. You can't teach speed and he's got more of it than anybody on offense. I say let him play now. He'd be valuable on special teams if nothing else. Let him run the option like Harvin. What do we have to lose?

He reminds me of the old Packer Bob Long. Just point him downfield and let him run. ARod will find him.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Excellent points on Cobb and Adams. The only thing I don't agree with (honest ) is Janis. You can't teach speed and he's got more of it than anybody on offense. I say let him play now. He'd be valuable on special teams if nothing else. Let him run the option like Harvin. What do we have to lose?

He reminds me of the old Packer Bob Long. Just point him downfield and let him run. ARod will find him.
    Wasn't disagreeing with Janis, just saying we haven't seen him yet, so who knows. He was not active the first two game (maybe he was for one?), pretty sure he hasn't seen the field yet. Need more time yet to see if he's going to work out.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...