Thread: Bakhtiari Being Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Are you back on your feet and doing good Bretsky? I remember that from a couple years back. Scary stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Are you back on your feet and doing good Bretsky? I remember that from a couple years back. Scary stuff.
    I am doing well. I lived that 8 weeks no weight on one leg; and then the back goes too. I had a pic line in my chest at all times and one hour a day for 6 weeks I was getting IV's to flush out the infection. Thankfully it didn't spread anwhere but inside the knee (which was removed and that is why I had to do the 8 weeks of no weight cause I had no suppport there).

So 8 weeks after they removed my knee, they put the replacement parts back in. I was told I'd never get back to the 120 degree measurable mark of flexiblity my other knee had. Doc told me I'd get to around 105 degrees. After 11 weeks of rehab and bending this shit out of it, on my final day of rehab I bent my leg to 117 degrees and it hurt like hell. The physical therapist said that is great, and I looked at him (we are friends) and I said, give me a pain jolt and bend that f'ker to 120. And he did. Hurt iike heck, but I think it worked any kinks out.

Today I always know my knee is there; I feel sporadic pain. But it's about 95%, and thankfully infection free.

So when I heard "8 weeks non weight bearing" , I thought....OH SHIT that was really bad then
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?