On offense, I'd much rather take my chances the great majority of the time with first down passes, and second down too if incomplete. And then third? Well, how often is that gonna happen with Aaron Rodgers. A whole lot less often than if we run twice. And then 3rd and 10 isn't that much worse than say 3rd and 6 or 7. The run should be nothing more than a change of pace you hit 'em with when you get them adjusting too much for the passes. Variety can come from different receivers and different kinds of pass plays.

As for defense, yeah, it's necessary to be able to stop the run first. I recall games when we did just that to Adrian Peterson. Other times, lesser runners did sometimes get those big chunks. If your D is not strong enough personnel-wise to stop everything, then it becomes a guessing game - taking away the other team's best weapon. That's the Packers situation, and Capers is better than just about any D Coordinator at scheming a D that can stop the best weapon. When that happens, though, you leave something vulnerable. There's no denying that Capers gets the Packers burned that way on occasion, but I'm pretty sure it would be a whole lot worse without the scheming and compensating. It seems like Capers D works a lot better when you have Corners capable of tight man coverage. Hopefully this year we will have that.