Thread: 53 Man Roster Prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think it is unlikely that any team would put in a waiver claim for Davis. Getting him to the PS isn't very risky, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I think it is unlikely that any team would put in a waiver claim for Davis. Getting him to the PS isn't very risky, in my opinion.
    I disagree. If nothing else, I think he'd likely bolt to another team's practice squad. With the depth at WR he has incentive to sign with another team. Players have done that before (maybe Jumal Rolle and Rajion Neal).
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    If nothing else, I think he'd likely bolt to another team's practice squad. With the depth at WR he has incentive to sign with another team. Players have done that before (maybe Jumal Rolle and Rajion Neal).
    I mentioned that in another thread, it is always a possibility with any player.

I'm sure Rolle was on GB's practice squad when the Texans signed him to their regular roster. I have a vague recollection that GB did something to try to keep him, which I think was just a practice squad salary increase, not a roster spot.

I don't remember anything about Rajion Neal's departure, other than that he bounced all around the league from practice squad to practice squad.

One player I recall who reportedly turned down GB and left for another practice squad was Hunter Hillenmeyer. It was said that the Bears promised him a spot on their active roster, but needed to make some other roster changes first. As I recall, he was on their PS only a few days.