Thread: Put up or Shut up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    If Hundley plays as poorly against the Lions then they should put Callahan in for part of the game.

I don't expect him to play any better, but at least it well send the right message.

This also assumes MM can game plan better with two weeks preparation.
    well, he was 12-25, meaning there were 13 incompletions. I don't have the full analysis of those, but I'm betting they aren't all on him. It's not a huge repertoire of passes, really, so I'm not sure he was as awful as people are making him out to be. The most worrisome thing is whether the hints from Stubby suggesting he needs the playbook further simplified are a reflection on Hundley's lack of prep and capability, the bad o-line, or both. No way to know that until the next game.

I'm guessing Callahan autoparts won't be much better at this point, but someone had to call for the backup after just one week.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    well, he was 12-25, meaning there were 13 incompletions. I don't have the full analysis of those, but I'm betting they aren't all on him. It's not a huge repertoire of passes, really, so I'm not sure he was as awful as people are making him out to be. The most worrisome thing is whether the hints from Stubby suggesting he needs the playbook further simplified are a reflection on Hundley's lack of prep and capability, the bad o-line, or both. No way to know that until the next game.

I'm guessing Callahan autoparts won't be much better at this point, but someone had to call for the backup after just one week.
    I don't really think Callahan is any good. I just need Hundley to play better. Part inexperience, part play calling, part game plan. All or some of those reasons factor in.

Throwing for under 50% and less than 100 yards can be done by any QB off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Throwing for under 50% and less than 100 yards can be done by any QB off the street.
    You ever watch/read "The Paper Lion?"
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You ever watch/read "The Paper Lion?"
    Yup. Interesting comparison.

Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.
    I can take a dump in a Packers uniform and call it a quarterback, I've got time. But then all you've got is a uniform-covered piece of crap.

I guess I just don't think that describes Hundley. I could easily be wrong, but I still think there's more there. Hope to see more next week.