Thread: Why This Is Going To Be A Great Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It all comes down to dunderdummy...

We have the offense, we have enough talent on defense - it all comes down to Dunderdummy of the Spraypainted Hair.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    It all comes down to dunderdummy...

We have the offense, we have enough talent on defense - it all comes down to Dunderdummy of the Spraypainted Hair.

You seem to always hedge your bets so you can rip into DOM
    What would be your expectation as to what rated defense we should have in GB ?
    We don't have top 10 talent here IMO on that side of the ball, but we don't need it either with our explosing offense.
    Where do you think we should be ? I'm thinking anything in the fifteen to twenty range would be good and if we are not top twenty that is evidence to lay into DOM.

Looking for your specific view so we can judge Dom off of some expectations given the talent
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The pass rush will be better this year, and that's a major upgrade.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You seem to always hedge your bets so you can rip into DOM
    What would be your expectation as to what rated defense we should have in GB ?
    We don't have top 10 talent here IMO on that side of the ball, but we don't need it either with our explosing offense.
    Where do you think we should be ? I'm thinking anything in the fifteen to twenty range would be good and if we are not top twenty that is evidence to lay into DOM.

Looking for your specific view so we can judge Dom off of some expectations given the talent
    I think we have top 10 talent on defense - that's my bitch against dunderdummy.

Still, you can have all the talent in the world, but if the coaching staff is playing a guy like Raji at CB, and Sam Shields at NT - it aint gonna be pretty. What Dom has done the last 2 years has been unwatchable. A lot of legitimate excuses can be made for 2011, and that falls more on TT, but dunderidiot has been given enough talent to excel, if not dominate.

It is true that TT has not brought in personnel that fit a 3-4, or a 2-4 for that matter - but it is up to the DC to make that work - dunderidiot hasn't done that at all... he keeps running his same old scheme, despite the fact that the players don't fit it.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays the 2-4 in run/pass situations this year, now that he really can't go to his beloved, and mindnumbingly idiotic "jumbo nickel". My guess is that if he lines up in the 2-4 on 3rd and 3, with his DT's being Daniels and Jones - we're gonna get run over pretty consistently. We were 27th in rushing yds allowed last year - if DD doesn't adjust to his personnel, we'll be there again.

I've been saying for a few years now... I like a lot of the defensive talent - if I like the talent, and hate how they're being used, and the results are pathetic... well, I don't think it takes Columbo to figure out that the blame rests with the DC.

Either that, or the talent really does suck - in which case the blame rests with TT... it's one or the other.
    wist

Blog Entries
    I think we have top 10 talent on defense - that's my bitch against dunderdummy.

Still, you can have all the talent in the world, but if the coaching staff is playing a guy like Raji at CB, and Sam Shields at NT - it aint gonna be pretty. What Dom has done the last 2 years has been unwatchable. A lot of legitimate excuses can be made for 2011, and that falls more on TT, but dunderidiot has been given enough talent to excel, if not dominate.

It is true that TT has not brought in personnel that fit a 3-4, or a 2-4 for that matter - but it is up to the DC to make that work - dunderidiot hasn't done that at all... he keeps running his same old scheme, despite the fact that the players don't fit it.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays the 2-4 in run/pass situations this year, now that he really can't go to his beloved, and mindnumbingly idiotic "jumbo nickel". My guess is that if he lines up in the 2-4 on 3rd and 3, with his DT's being Daniels and Jones - we're gonna get run over pretty consistently. We were 27th in rushing yds allowed last year - if DD doesn't adjust to his personnel, we'll be there again.

I've been saying for a few years now... I like a lot of the defensive talent - if I like the talent, and hate how they're being used, and the results are pathetic... well, I don't think it takes Columbo to figure out that the blame rests with the DC.

Either that, or the talent really does suck - in which case the blame rests with TT... it's one or the other.

top 10 talent on defense ...wow.....I might try to argue we are average there. our dl's are ok at best but probably below average. our ilb's are junk....our olb's might be elite between Matthews and peppers. The safeties are improved...I think....but average would be a fair assessment. cb's are above average but not elite.

I would consider our talent on defense to be average and expect a 15-20 range defense if we keep our health.

if you think we have top 10 talent on defense you wlll hate dom again this year

Don't mistake this for supporting dom...I think he is average at best......but I don't think he's nearly as bad as you d
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

top 10 talent on defense ...wow.....I might try to argue we are average there. our dl's are ok at best but probably below average. our ilb's are junk....our olb's might be elite between Matthews and peppers. The safeties are improved...I think....but average would be a fair assessment. cb's are above average but not elite.

I would consider our talent on defense to be average and expect a 15-20 range defense if we keep our health.

if you think we have top 10 talent on defense you wlll hate dom again this year

Don't mistake this for supporting dom...I think he is average at best......but I don't think he's nearly as bad as you d
    Yeah, I think we have top 10 talent on defense... despite the fact that we have putrid ILB's - which the braintrust at 1265 seem to love.

Matthews is elite, and while the other spot has been in flux, I think Neal proved he could play it quite well; now with Peppers, we have 2 guys that can excel at that position - it just depends on how they are used.

On the line, which TT has invested much in, we have 3 first round draft choices, that have shown flashes - flashes that indicate if they were used properly, they could excel. Losing Raji hurts... hurts a lot, but Jones and Daniels have both shown ability, and Perry could be a decent player - again, if he is used properly.

We have excellent corners, and Burnett is a keeper - despite wandering in the wilderness last year. The other Safety spot is an issue for sure.

Add the talent up, and yes... we could have a top 10 defense, if only we had a DC that could put it all together.

Concentration of forces... what good does it do to have a guy like D. Jones standing on the sideline in favor of 1 of 2 slugs (Hawk or Jones)?? Why does dunderdummy abandon the middle of the field to 2 fat guys, and 2 ILB slugs, when he could go to a 3-3 and force the offense to adjust to him??

One thing is for sure... if Capers runs the 2-4 down after down after down after down - we will get run over, and if he responds by going to some version of his "jumbo nickel", we will get aired out. Those 2 negative consequences of what Capers has been doing the last few years have, unfortunately, become the norm for this defense - when we could be so much better.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think we have top 10 talent on defense... despite the fact that we have putrid ILB's - which the braintrust at 1265 seem to love.

Matthews is elite, and while the other spot has been in flux, I think Neal proved he could play it quite well; now with Peppers, we have 2 guys that can excel at that position - it just depends on how they are used.

On the line, which TT has invested much in, we have 3 first round draft choices, that have shown flashes - flashes that indicate if they were used properly, they could excel. Losing Raji hurts... hurts a lot, but Jones and Daniels have both shown ability, and Perry could be a decent player - again, if he is used properly.

We have excellent corners, and Burnett is a keeper - despite wandering in the wilderness last year. The other Safety spot is an issue for sure.

Add the talent up, and yes... we could have a top 10 defense, if only we had a DC that could put it all together.

Concentration of forces... what good does it do to have a guy like D. Jones standing on the sideline in favor of 1 of 2 slugs (Hawk or Jones)?? Why does dunderdummy abandon the middle of the field to 2 fat guys, and 2 ILB slugs, when he could go to a 3-3 and force the offense to adjust to him??

One thing is for sure... if Capers runs the 2-4 down after down after down after down - we will get run over, and if he responds by going to some version of his "jumbo nickel", we will get aired out. Those 2 negative consequences of what Capers has been doing the last few years have, unfortunately, become the norm for this defense - when we could be so much better.

Man to me, perry has been miscast in the system from day 1 and showed little to warrant the first round he was picked in. raji, the other 1st is out of the year, and while I liked datone jones on draft day he has a lot to show.

I expect about an 18 rating. if we're above that i'll give dom credit and if below that i'll blame him.

tt needs to hit on more picks on the defensive side

Man to me, perry has been miscast in the system from day 1 and showed little to warrant the first round he was picked in. raji, the other 1st is out of the year, and while I liked datone jones on draft day he has a lot to show.

I expect about an 18 rating. if we're above that i'll give dom credit and if below that i'll blame him.

tt needs to hit on more picks on the defensive side
    Well, at least you seem to come down on a side, i.e. it's more TT's fault for not providing sufficient talent.

In general I disagree with that, but I can indict TT on the grounds that the talent doesn't fit what Capers wants to do - but once TT brings in the talent, it is up to Capers to make the most of it.

Our defense was only better than 5 or 6 other teams last year - is the talent that TT is bringing in that bad?? I don't think so.
    wist