Thread: JC Tretter - what happened to Mr. Versatile?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, either Bakhtiari will be back there in the last preseason game, or the guy who will start in his place will be. Could be Bulaga. Until now they have been looking at other options. If it comes down to Bulaga, I don't think he will need a lot of time to get ready. I don't think it matters a lot who has been there so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Well, either Bakhtiari will be back there in the last preseason game, or the guy who will start in his place will be. Could be Bulaga.
    That does not contradict what McGinn said.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler
    Barring a change Thursday night against New Orleans, the Packers obviously intend to keep Don Barclay and start him at left tackle
    We'll see Thursday. Actually we'll know tomorrow by who lines-up with #1s in practice.

All three starters returned to practice today.
    MM may never state clearly who the backup LT is.

The guy who follows Bakhtiari Thursday, if Bak plays at all, is probably the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    All three starters returned to practice today.
    MM may never state clearly who the backup LT is.

The guy who follows Bakhtiari Thursday, if Bak plays at all, is probably the guy.
    I don't think Bakh will play at all. The fact that they haven't had Bulaga play LT at all probably means that they expect Bakh to be ready for opening day.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't think Bakh will play at all. The fact that they haven't had Bulaga play LT at all probably means that they expect Bakh to be ready for opening day.
    I don't see the connection. They still have to test and prepare the backup LT. Bak could get hurt at any time. If they play Barclay there Thursday, the only reasonable explanation is that he has the job. Otherwise they'd give the real backup LT some meaningful snaps. Why not add that preparation? What other purpose would there be in giving Barclay all the preseason meaningful work at that position?

I don't see the connection. They still have to test and prepare the backup LT. Bak could get hurt at any time. If they play Barclay there Thursday, the only reasonable explanation is that he has the job. Otherwise they'd give the real backup LT some meaningful snaps. Why not add that preparation? What other purpose would there be in giving Barclay all the preseason meaningful work at that position?
    They might be playing Barclay there because he needs the reps. I wouldn't be surprised if Barclay plays both T positions Thursday night. You have to protect the QB's blind side. If Bakh can't go at some point, I think they'll put their best T there. I think that's Bulaga.

Because they don't want to risk their starting RT mopping up against 2nd & 3rd string chattel at LT?

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Because they don't want to risk their starting RT mopping up against 2nd & 3rd string chattel at LT?
    OK, I get why Barclay spent some time at LT. But they were playing Bulaga at RT, Barclay at LT. Curious.