Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veldheer visiting the Cowboys, who lose La'el Collins for the season. Wonder why the Packers weren't interested in him, I thought he played quite well when he saw the field last year.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Veldheer visiting the Cowboys, who lose La'el Collins for the season. Wonder why the Packers weren't interested in him, I thought he played quite well when he saw the field last year.
    Me too. He was an old, broke down tackle who didn't look played out. Don't know why they didn't give him a flop and let him return.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Me too. He was an old, broke down tackle who didn't look played out. Don't know why they didn't give him a flop and let him return.
    'old, broke down but not played out' is a pretty backhanded compliment!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I thought they might too, especially after Turner got hurt, and Veldheer referred to the injury and tweeted that the Packers should call him. He gave up ZERO pressures in 58 pass plays last year. He played LT for a lot of years, so I imagine could still step in for Bakhtiari if he had to. I'm not sure what their backup plan is for Bakhtiari.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I thought they might too, especially after Turner got hurt, and Veldheer referred to the injury and tweeted that the Packers should call him. He gave up ZERO pressures in 58 pass plays last year. He played LT for a lot of years, so I imagine could still step in for Bakhtiari if he had to. I'm not sure what their backup plan is for Bakhtiari.
    Same as for every NFL team at LT...pray a lot and cuss even more.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I would think he knows how to 'get in the way' enough to play LT, a la Bruce Wilkerson!
    --