Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I could see them keeping 6 if one or more of them are retuning kickoffs and/or punts. The kickoff return job is open with DuJuan Harris gone. They might want someone other than Cobb to team with Hyde on punt returns.
    I endorsed that idea elsewhere as well, but I think Hyde would be in line for the punt returner job first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I endorsed that idea elsewhere as well, but I think Hyde would be in line for the punt returner job first.
    Sure, but you need more than one punt returner. Because Hyde plays defense, there may be times you want someone else to return a punt, especially if Hyde had to run a long way on a 3rd down play. Hyde could also see his snap counts on defense increase this year with the exit of House and TWill. Last year Hyde and Cobb split the punt returns. I suspect they may be looking for someone to replace Cobb on punt returns because he is such an integral part of the offense, and now a very highly paid one. Besides, the last couple of years Cobb has been pretty pedestrian on punt returns.