Thread: Studs & Duds - Packers vs. Seahawks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better. I am torn about his future in Green Bay, but I really don't want us to pay him 10mil/year. He is not worth it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better. I am torn about his future in Green Bay, but I really don't want us to pay him 10mil/year. He is not worth it.
    I disagree. He is well along his personal development. His footwork has improved by at least 50%. He runs precise routes and has became violent with his hands. Speaking of hands, he's learned to catch and secure the ball. When he runs a double move, Rodgers respects it and gives him a long look. He is now the 3rd WR in that group. Should he get a huge financial deal? I dunno about that shit. He's in the mix, what money that garners, who knows?

I am going to be a bit of a downer here, but I do not think Davante is as good as some people seem to believe. He's only average or above average and Rodgers makes him better.
    He has been up and down. (Jordy was mostly down his first year and a half, if memory serves.)

I'd say this season is the rubber match. I initially was against the guy because Madtown liked him. That is certainly a reasonable basis for hating a player. But now I am hopeful that this will finally be the season where he proves his value.

Yup.