Thread: Inappropriate use of GPS a reason for Packers injuries?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I copy/pasted the 3 best sentences from the article for those that can't read it. I could for some reason.

“We’re so overprotective of the athletes that we’ve created fragile athletes,” he said in an interview late this past week. “We’re not preparing them for the rigors of what happens in the game. And this is not the boot-camp mentality.”

It’s all about reminding the body of the timing and form required from the hips, hamstrings and knees when moving full speed and changing directions, so there’s not excessive stress on any one joint or muscle.

“Lombardi wrote a book ‘Run to Daylight’ that was the philosophy speed, speed, speed, quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement.”
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    “Lombardi wrote a book ‘Run to Daylight’ that was the philosophy speed, speed, speed, quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement, repeat the quality of movement.”
    Maybe this guy has something to say, but that sentence is just gibberish.

Repeat the movement is the only part I think might join the two topics.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Maybe this guy has something to say, but that sentence is just gibberish.

Repeat the movement is the only part I think might join the two topics.
    I took it to mean repeat the movement at full speed so when you're in the game its natural instead of something you have only gone through the motions of.

From whats left of my memories of actually playing football, hitting hurts. Hitting full speed hurts more. hitting full speed without having ramped up to it and practiced how to do it without taking the full brunt of the collision was a recipe for injury.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.