Thread: Brady 4 Game Suspension Upheld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I agree that they probably planned to deflate the balls after the refs inspected them, and that is exactly what they are being accused of doing. It violates the rules which require the referees to inspect the balls. Whether the balls got below 12.5 or not does not matter at that point, they already went outside the rules. They do have evidence, both the camera and the text messages are evidence.

As for Tom merely being an asshole, why was he offering a big signing day? You are being the reverse of a conspiracy theorist.

*edited for typo
    I like evidence for my conspiracies. Just because I believe that the Pats might have been prepared to deflate after inspection, it doesn't seem likely in this case (90 seconds is long enough to deflate, but not long enough to deflate and measure). And there is no physical evidence it occurred. Without that, the punishment for phone shenanigans (which is obviously not paramount or Goodell would have used the info eventually provided by Brady) is ludicrous.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I like evidence for my conspiracies. Just because I believe that the Pats might have been prepared to deflate after inspection, it doesn't seem likely in this case (90 seconds is long enough to deflate, but not long enough to deflate and measure). And there is no physical evidence it occurred. Without that, the punishment for phone shenanigans (which is obviously not paramount or Goodell would have used the info eventually provided by Brady) is ludicrous.
    The way things have gone, I wonder how Kraft feels about accepting the punishment of $1M (inconsequential to him, unless it counts against the cap) and the two draft picks?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You don't need physical evidence. Some guy stole the balls when the referees weren't looking and took them straight to an area without a camera. Under review they found really suspicious text messages implicating the player that stood to gain the most. Absent someone breaking down the bathroom door, you'll not get a much better case.

I submit that you are focused on the wrong facts. Just because the original evidence was suspect, that doesn't dimimsh what remains.