Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2015 Free Agency/Contract Extension Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Cleveland sports talk is crying over NE signing Jabaal Sheard. Says Cleveland didn't using him properly; Cheat will get 9+ sacks out of him because Bill will let him rush passer, not drop in coverage. Too bad Packers didn't sign him, Capers could have totally miscast him as well.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Look for the Eagles to crash and burn this year - history has shown so many times that you can't add that many 'key' free agents in a year and have a team that works. Denver under McDaniels was the most extreme case, but Washington does it every other year, and Philadelphia themselves famously tried it with their dream team. Is Kelly really so egotistical that he thinks he can be the guy who pulls it all together?

After his first season in the NFL, I thought he might really have something, but last year it didn't work out so well. Now I think he's panicky and reaching, and he's not long for the league.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Cleveland sports talk is crying over NE signing Jabaal Sheard. Says Cleveland didn't using him properly; Cheat will get 9+ sacks out of him because Bill will let him rush passer, not drop in coverage. Too bad Packers didn't sign him, Capers could have totally miscast him as well.
    I read it was a 3-4, 4-3 issue. Where he should have been Kampman and not Matthews. Fair?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'd be interested to see the totals for Johnson's pass rushing snaps and total pressures alongside those sack totals...

as for Richardson I suspect there's a chance he might be joining Lacy in Green Bay and the reason for that is he's only been in the league for three seasons he's still a talented player despite the lack of production he doesn't factor into the compensatory picks formula due to the fact that he was cut and reuniting with his former college friend might help him to get his head right and save his career all in all it's a pretty low risk proposition for Green Bay and it might pay off in a talented 3rd down back on the cheap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Yeah, looking it up now, I was all wrong. Posted from my phone off memory earlier. He had 11.5 sacks in 2012, but it wasn't his contract year. He had 3 sacks, 2.5 sacks, 6 sacks, 3.5 sacks, and 4 sacks (so, that's just under 5 sacks/year--not under 4 sacks/year) in his other 5 years. At least, he's durable. He's only missed 3 games in 6 years.
    He's strictly a 4-3 DE Harv.

His big sack year was in part due to the emergence of Geno Atkins.

A 4-3 team might sign him, he is one of the last PR's still on the market.

Blog Entries
    So much happening I can't keep up. Jerry is the anti-Jones now. Don't know if he'll draft right but I'd say drafting a running back is his best move. Why pay some older back way too much money when he can draft one who can run behind that line and probably excel quickly for a fraction of the price. Unjerrylike. Old Jerry woulda drafted drinky Johnny Manziel instead of the Pro Bowl guard last year. Now he'll probably draft Gordon and he'll run roughshod over the league in Dallas.

Old Jerry would throw a first round pick at Peterson. New Jerry ain't touchin' that. I can't imagine a person handling a bad situation any worse than Peterson has. Defiant in the face of child abuse is a tough route to take as a public celebrity. He wants to take a tough stance against people who denounce those actions and he's gonna get what he's got. The Vikings are willing to take him back and help him move past his actions and he wants to refuse that chance by taking a hardline stance and saying he'll never play for them again because the spoke out and said they didn't like what he did?

Maybe Jerry will lose his mind and pick him up yet. I'd rather see that then him coming back to the Vikings. No chance he retires and leaves this as his legacy is there?

It would be nice to see Peterson out of the NFC.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    AP will be a Cowboy, at least IMO. There's too much public interest on both sides for it not to happen.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    AP will be a Cowboy, at least IMO. There's too much public interest on both sides for it not to happen.
    If Jerry didn't want or couldn't pay Murray how can he afford Peterson?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If Jerry didn't want or couldn't pay Murray how can he afford Peterson?
    Because the new working theory is that Jerry isn't calling the shots anymore.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I read it was a 3-4, 4-3 issue. Where he should have been Kampman and not Matthews. Fair?
    yep. Fish out of water in coverage. The weird thing is that Pettine was saying early in camp that he was really excited about Sheard and thought he would be a huge impact player. And then they used him totally wrong. And then they didn't use him at all. So it will be interesting to see if he just flamed out, or was miscast. You'll know pretty quick with Cheat which is true.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    So much happening I can't keep up. Jerry is the anti-Jones now. Don't know if he'll draft right but I'd say drafting a running back is his best move. Why pay some older back way too much money when he can draft one who can run behind that line and probably excel quickly for a fraction of the price. Unjerrylike. Old Jerry woulda drafted drinky Johnny Manziel instead of the Pro Bowl guard last year. Now he'll probably draft Gordon and he'll run roughshod over the league in Dallas.
    Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Gordon in Dallas would make them very good. But won't they have to move up to get him? Should be gone by Philly's pick (#20) at least, no???

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I'd be interested to see the totals for Johnson's pass rushing snaps and total pressures alongside those sack totals...

as for Richardson I suspect there's a chance he might be joining Lacy in Green Bay and the reason for that is he's only been in the league for three seasons he's still a talented player despite the lack of production he doesn't factor into the compensatory picks formula due to the fact that he was cut and reuniting with his former college friend might help him to get his head right and save his career all in all it's a pretty low risk proposition for Green Bay and it might pay off in a talented 3rd down back on the cheap.

Here's a few of punctuation marks, feel free to use them: ...... ,,,,, ;;;

but I find your point interesting. From year one to year two in Cleveland, it looked like Richardson lost his vision. Absolutely could not find gaps. Hesitant. Wha happened?

Here's a few of punctuation marks, feel free to use them: ...... ,,,,, ;;;

but I find your point interesting. From year one to year two in Cleveland, it looked like Richardson lost his vision. Absolutely could not find gaps. Hesitant. Wha happened?
    Only role I see him having with the Pack would've been if they hadn't re-signed Kuhn and TR converted to FB. Pretty sure he's faster than Kuhn, but I'm not sure, really.
    --

Fairley gets $5M base from the Rams. Didn't think he'd get anywhere near that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gns-with-rams/
    --

Thanks for scaring the hell out of me. Gordon in Dallas would make them very good. But won't they have to move up to get him? Should be gone by Philly's pick (#20) at least, no???
    nm about Philly....

Take it to the bank. All day Adrian has 1600+ yards this year. I wouldn't be shocked by 2000. This is with 9 men in the box play after play.

He will be a man possessed. I hope like hell he is not anywhere near Dallas because I don't want to face that bad man in the playoffs. He will run over every single one of our defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Fairley gets $5M base from the Rams. Didn't think he'd get anywhere near that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gns-with-rams/
    The Rams have an absolutely terrifying DL
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Take it to the bank. All day Adrian has 1600+ yards this year. I wouldn't be shocked by 2000. This is with 9 men in the box play after play.

He will be a man possessed. I hope like hell he is not anywhere near Dallas because I don't want to face that bad man in the playoffs. He will run over every single one of our defenders.
    I think he will whip a lot of teams, and beat defenders to a bloody pulp. It will be like a man amongst small, helpless children.

Jesus Christ that Rams defensive line....