Thread: Jeff Hafley Packers New DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I have a hunch JL burned the bridge with MILF the first go round. He never should have went to the media and I think it would have been fine. Or if he went to the media, don't say he was offered the job, just say the timing wasn't right, etc. Stupid on his part.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Wrong.
    Share what you know. Mine is pure conjecture. I still think going to the media and saying "listen they offered me the job, I didn't want it" was some bush league BS.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Share what you know. Mine is pure conjecture. I still think going to the media and saying "listen they offered me the job, I didn't want it" was some bush league BS.
    I think you are making that last part up. He didn't go to the media. If Leonhard was the right guy for the job 3 years ago and it didn't work out, then you are saying MLF had too big of an ego to reach back out to him because he felt rejected the first time? This isn't how the big boys play the game. I am not even sure he was officially offered the DC job in Green Bay. He took an interview and had discussions. The media got wind of it and he had to address it because he was still the defensive coordinator of the Badgers. I can't say for certain that he didn't want the job, I do know, he knew what kind of commitment it takes to work that job in the NFL, and at the time he was living in his college hometown making million a year as the DC at Wisconsin, he had young children and his wife was happy. Happy wife, happy life. Then Wisconsin spurned him good, he committed to a job he didn't actually need. He didn't want to be the head coach when Paul was there. He applied because he felt it was what was best for the program. He was lead down a road where he believed he was going to be the next head coach of the Badgers and it was all blown to pieces at the final hour. that I can say was a shock to the system.

Obviously the college landscape has changed dramatically since then. The NFL is now a less consuming job than college. It's crazy to say it, but the lid has been blown off college ball and its down right disgusting what the power brokers have done to the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Wrong.
    what is wrong about that ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?