Thread: Has the NFL bubble burst?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Sports are suffering across the board but I think the crux of the NFL's issue is their deal with Direct TV on whom the exclusive streaming rights are completely wasted with their expensive garbage service. I'd wager those drops in ratings are due to cord cutting. If NFL Sunday ticket could be purchased ala cart HBOnow style for $10 or $15/mo viewership would climb.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Sports are suffering across the board but I think the crux of the NFL's issue is their deal with Direct TV on whom the exclusive streaming rights are completely wasted with their expensive garbage service. I'd wager those drops in ratings are due to cord cutting. If NFL Sunday ticket could be purchased ala cart HBOnow style for $10 or $15/mo viewership would climb.
    And Driectv would be GONE!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This. They are tied to a dinosaur.

I don't care enough to watch anything else on TV besides Packers games. Buying a Satellite package is a huge price to pay to watch the 6 games a year or so that they don't show here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.