Thread: Rodgers Reminds Magic of Bird

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi;

In my book, there will never be another Bart Starr.
    Surely, Maxie, somewhere in the world, a family named Starr saw the birth of a baby boy, and thought Bartholomew would be a great first name.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Surely, Maxie, somewhere in the world, a family named Starr saw the birth of a baby boy, and thought Bartholomew would be a great first name.
    LOL. What are the odds a guy like Bart winds up in the NFL with a last name like Starr?

By the way, when I made the comment about Luck being reminiscent of Starr, it's by no means a slight of ARod! Rodgers is clearly in a class of his own. I read the other day he thinks he can play into his 40's. That would be good for him and great for us. I think ARod could play at a high level for a long time. Starr probably should have retired a year or two sooner. We used to disrespectfully (mea culpa) call Starr the Warren Spahn of the NFL.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    LOL. What are the odds a guy like Bart winds up in the NFL with a last name like Starr?
    Should we start calling him Bryan so we sound smarter? Bryan Starr would be a good name for a super hero.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Should we start calling him Bryan so we sound smarter? Bryan Starr would be a good name for a super hero.
    There was a guy on the Chiefs last night named "Phillip Supernaw." I noticed the name on the back of his uniform and thought it was "Superman."
    I did a double take. So close.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers