Thread: Official 2016 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The bad news is that we are now counting on two guys who have the dropsies (Adams and Janis) plus one that is one serious head injury away from retiring (Abby).
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The bad news is that we are now counting on two guys who have the dropsies (Adams and Janis) plus one that is one serious head injury away from retiring (Abby).
    Adams is looking like a bust; Janis has a 10 cent head - have to place our hope on Abby, b/c one thing is for sure - since JJ signed with SD, TT won't lift a finger to sign a vet.
    wist

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Adams is looking like a bust; Janis has a 10 cent head - have to place our hope on Abby, b/c one thing is for sure - since JJ signed with SD, TT won't lift a finger to sign a vet.
    I was having some worry about the homie Adams, mostly due to all the Caspers look alikes here hating on him in hope that their new great, White hope would show he had a brain. But now that you have called Adams a bust I am confident he will have a good season. This is cuz you my antidepressant popping friend make the right call about as much Johnny Manziel at a all night coke party.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I was having some worry about the homie Adams, mostly due to all the Caspers look alikes here hating on him in hope that their new great, White hope would show he had a brain. But now that you have called Adams a bust I am confident he will have a good season. This is cuz you my antidepressant popping friend make the right call about as much Johnny Manziel at a all night coke party.
    You been snorting tacos again??

"Bust" is a relative term... especially wrt to the Packers; b/c, no matter what, a guy like Adams is going to play b/c Ted won't do anything to upgrade the position from without. Because that is the case, Adams will have some receptions, some yards, and a few TD's - which the TT lovers and homers can hang their hat on. That said, he certainly isn't going to produce like other 2nd rounders we've had, i.e. Jordy and Jennings.

If you're only avenue of player procurement is the draft, you necessarily have to hit on enough of those guys at critical positions to contend. Adams, if he does bust, would be a big miss - especially when there are other WR's out there that were drafted around him that are producing big numbers, or showing big potential.

To me, we still look like a 2nd tier playoff team. Another likely "one and done" or a similar bouncing like last year.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    and jordy is an unknown too. this was all my take before the draft. ugh. if the allison kid is actually doing something good they have to find a way to keep him.