Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: An Attempt At Discussing McCarthy's Future

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Rodgers is understandably frustrated, and like any QB worth his salt he wants to throw the ball to win the game. But MM stayed true to the principles that have won the Packers games this year. They've been running the ball in the five-minute offense on a regular basis, and they have gotten results. This time they got stuffed by a DL that they had been pushing around for most of the afternoon, and then the defense backed off on the pressure that had given Wilson fits for the entire afternoon. If you want to blame someone for being too conservative it should Capers. But first blame Slocum for not expecting the fake (how the f*** could he not be expecting that?!?) and don't forget to blame Quarless and Bostick for their drops, Rodgers for his miss-fires, and Burnett for sliding too early.
    I'm not blaming anybody. I'm simply an analytical Packer and NFL fan.

As a forum 'it's the nature of the beast' to try to use some brains and observable skills to clearly define why the team we support allowed the greatest comeback in a second half that I can ever recall.

I believe that few Packer fans were shaken to the realization of that comeback until it was done.

Was the lead not enough? If that is the case...... why?

This sort of question is fair and proper analysis of the question leads to fair conclusions that subverts any bias ie in terms of over enthusiastic Packer fan blindness.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yes, I saw the game.

Yes, I read your article and still think that getting points early in the game was the right call. We were ahead by two scores with 2:30 left in the game.

Now please answer my question.

If Bostick does his job and Jordy gets the onside kick do we win the game?
    The probability of a win does improve if the Packers recover that onside kick.

Does that positive result then mean we win?

NO!

Your obviously from a management background. Your trained to blame the little guy.

Over the top too much more than the Brandon Bostick flub lent itself to the Packers blowing the game.

A game that should not have even been close if the Packers offense had been called and was executed just marginally better.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-19-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The probability of a win does improve if the Packers recover that onside kick.

Does that positive result then mean we win?

NO!

Your obviously from a management background. Your trained to blame the little guy.

Over the top too much more than the Brandon Bostick flub lent itself to the Packers blowing the game.

A game that should not have even been close if the Packers offense had been called and was executed just marginally better.
    And woodbuck, sometimes you seemed trained to lose the forest through the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Dan
    I maintain that Bostick needed to get his head out of his ass and do his job on the onside kick and the game was over.

Of course one first down by the O sealed the deal also.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    And woodbuck, sometimes you seemed trained to lose the forest through the trees.
    In this argument you sure have that one backwards and 'my stance'.

Why can't your side 'the Madison Crew' ... 'see the forest from the trees' pbmax?

Shank?
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Shank?
    I revised my rhetoric;

This about sums it up here after the Packers get landed on their ass's and all the lame excuses begin:

In this argument you sure have that one backwards and 'my stance'.

Why can't your side 'the Madison Crew' ... 'see the forest from the trees' pbmax?
    Dan:
    I maintain that Bostick needed to get his head out of his ass and do his job on the onside kick and the game was over.

Of course one first down by the O sealed the deal also.
    Woodbuck responds with:
    No ThunderDan you cannot slip it all on Brandon Bostick.

Read what Aaron Rodgers is saying:
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dan:

Woodbuck responds with:
    We can get.... on the streets fricken' shitty with one another; or use the God given brains hopefully we're equipped with.

I won't argue what's over the top too obvious.

That was a top to bottom total team loss yesterday.

Time to see Ted Thompson behind a real change. Time for Ted Thompson to really manage it all.

Mike McCarthy has to be set on a different course.

I'm sure that Aaron Rodgers will have plenty of his 'in your face' to say to Mike McCarthy. He needs the support of Ted Thompson and we need to see things shaken up on the coaching staff.

future = coronary issues
    Brandon Marshall, MAN...!!
    Jimmie Johnson: Nascar's G.O.A.T......

We can get.... on the streets fricken' shitty with one another; or use the God given brains hopefully we're equipped with.

I won't argue what over the top too obvious.

That was a top to bottom total team loss yesterday.

Time to see Ted Thompson behind a real change. Time for Ted Thompson to really manage it all.

I'm sure that Aaron Rodgers will have plenty of his 'in your face' to say to Mike McCarthy. He needs the support of Ted Thompson and we need to see things shaken up on the coaching staff.
    Any one of six things could be changed slightly with better player performance and no coaching alterations and the game is won. Burnett's INT non-return, Jordy's near TD catch, 3rd and 1 goal line (twice), HHCD's near-INT in his freaking hands, Brad Jones FG non-play, Lacy's 3rd and 3 non-first down (Gained 2 yards), Rodgers slant pass to Cobb on 3rd down that was low and could not be turned into a first down.

Bostick's was among the most egregious because it was a mental mistake before it was a physical one. He was supposed to block the guy who recovered the ball. He didn't and then he didn't deliver. Its an obvious turning point that likely would have ended the game.

But the problem with discussing this topic with you is that you still pay NO attention to the second sentence in Dan's post, where he says the Offense could have won it too (agreeing with your ARod quote below his post). You also ignore his answer to another question that while the defense sagged, the offense had as many failings, if not more.

So you take the sentence out of context and pretend he said something he didn't. If that was done to you, we would get a 5,000 word post about how you have been slandered and that everyone should head out to the Meadow. All I am asking you to do is read the entire freaking post.

Any one of six things could be changed slightly with better player performance and no coaching alterations and the game is won. Burnett's INT non-return, Jordy's near TD catch, 3rd and 1 goal line (twice), HHCD's near-INT in his freaking hands, Brad Jones FG non-play, Lacy's 3rd and 3 non-first down (Gained 2 yards), Rodgers slant pass to Cobb on 3rd down that was low and could not be turned into a first down.

Bostick's was among the most egregious because it was a mental mistake before it was a physical one. He was supposed to block the guy who recovered the ball. He didn't and then he didn't deliver. Its an obvious turning point that likely would have ended the game.
    You forgot the right sideline pass to Andrew Quarless and drop that was on the money and would have given the Packers an important late 4th Qtr, first down. Do you recall Aaron Rodgers expression after that drop?

On the next series as I recall it Seattle scored and set the stage for the onside kick.

I respond to ThunderDan's posts but we're not going to agree.

I've had him on ignore.

I couldn't help see some of his responses and I replied to his position (s).

That was an error on my part.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-19-2015 at 06:04 PM.

I've had him on ignore.

I couldn't help see some of his responses and I replied to his position (s).

That was an error on my part.
    Very kind of you to explain. Mistakes happen all the time. Between my typos, auto correct and misreads, I am surprised I am not on more ignore lists myself.

Thanks Woodbuck.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Very kind of you to explain. Mistakes happen all the time. Between my typos, auto correct and misreads, I am surprised I am not on more ignore lists myself.

Thanks Woodbuck.
    Oh crap, thanks for reminding me, I've been wanting to put u on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Oh crap, thanks for reminding me, I've been wanting to put u on ignore.
    I'll send you a PM in case you can still read this.

dal took play calling away from garrett and things improved greatly. maybe it's time for the same fix here.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think Capers showed yesterday why McCarthy has so much loyalty to him. The GB defense absolutely kicked the crap out of the Seahawks for 57 minutes. I haven't seen such a dominating, ass-kicking performance in the limelight a Packer defense since they took the Niners out to the woodshed in the 1995 divisional round. I wish I could see this as a sign of good things to come in 2016, but this loss is going to be hard to bounce back from.

It really was a thing of beauty until they thought they had the game won.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You forgot the right sideline pass to Andrew Quarless and drop that was on the money and would have given the Packers an important late 4th Qtr, first down. Do you recall Aaron Rodgers expression after that drop?
    It was a defensed pass, not simple drop
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I hope not. 7/9 seasons of playoff football, three championship games and a Super Bowl. I would take that for the next 9 years in a second if you had the power to offer it.

You guys are so f'ing spoiled. You have no idea what it is like to be fans of most NFL teams. Try living in the shoes of a Redskins fan for just four months. One Superbowl win, three NFC championship games, made the playoffs six years running...You guys are funny

You guys are so f'ing spoiled. You have no idea what it is like to be fans of most NFL teams. Try living in the shoes of a Redskins fan for just four months. One Superbowl win, three NFC championship games, made the playoffs six years running...You guys are funny
    Not going to lie. The Schottenheimer comparisons are frightening.