View Poll Results: Who Do You Want As Packers New DC?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim Leonhard

7 25.93%
  • Ejiro Evero (Not Likely Available)

0 0%
  • Mike Zimmer

2 7.41%
  • Brandon Staley

1 3.70%
  • Al Harris

2 7.41%
  • Rex Ryan

0 0%
  • Marquand Manuel - Jets Safeties coach

0 0%
  • Jesse Minter - DC - Michigan

1 3.70%
  • Wink Martindale

1 3.70%
  • Chris Hewitt - Ravens DB/Passing Game Coor

7 25.93%
  • Chris Harris - Titans CB/Passing Game Coor

0 0%
  • Aubrey Pleasant - Lions DB/Passing Game Coor

0 0%
  • Anthony Weaver - Ravens Asst HC/DL Coach

1 3.70%
  • Leslie Frazier

0 0%
  • Dave Aranda - HC - Baylor

1 3.70%
  • Sean McDermott - If Fired

0 0%
  • Mike Vrabel

1 3.70%
  • Other

3 11.11%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Want As Packers New DC?

Blog Entries
    Poll Failure when you list about 30 guys and you still don't have the hire )))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Poll Failure when you list about 30 guys and you still don't have the hire )))
    We're limited to 20 options. But it could have been 50 and I wouldn't have had him on there. Nobody saw this coming.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    About how it went for you experts…

Not sure it went that well to be honest.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Zach Orr, who the Packers interviewed, named new Ravens DC.

That was probably in the cards already, though, right?

Boy, nobody saw this coming. That name never popped up, not once. Either MLF has locked down the leaks coming out of 1265, or he didn't even know himself until he decided. Hell, did he even interview the guy live? Did they do a Facetime interview, then MLF said "you're hired"?

My one line of hopefulness is that the guy is an unknown (to us), as was one of MLF's best offensive line coach hires, Adam Stenavich. So maybe . . .
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I wonder who McCarthy is gonna pick for DC in Dallas. Certainly not Joe Barry hahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I wonder who McCarthy is gonna pick for DC in Dallas. Certainly not Joe Barry hahahahaha.
    I was gonna say former Pack DB coach, Joe Whitt Jr., but looks like Whitt is now DC of the Redcoats.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I do wonder - does anyone here know how the interview thing with Hafley went down? Honestly, when did they even interview him? Was it in GB or was it Facetime? How'd The Flower keep this one so secret right up until the hiring?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

My grandson told me he heard on Dallas sports radio that Jerry Jones is trying to hire Belichick - not to replace McCarthy, but as his Def. Coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I do wonder - does anyone here know how the interview thing with Hafley went down? Honestly, when did they even interview him? Was it in GB or was it Facetime? How'd The Flower keep this one so secret right up until the hiring?
    Don't know if they met in person. But it's possible they kept it quiet for Hafley's benefit. He may not have wanted it known, for recruiting purposes, that he was interviewing for another job until he was sure he had the job. But I've also heard that there were people interviewed whose names were never reported on, including Wink Martindale. MLF may have wanted to keep things secret to avoid a repeat of 2021 where it became public after hiring Barry that Barry was actually his 2nd choice.

And it sounds like maybe Jim Leonhard might've burned some bridges, turning it down the first time. Or maybe The Flower kept it all secret.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Odds ok he might have known this was coming.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    And it sounds like maybe Jim Leonhard might've burned some bridges, turning it down the first time. Or maybe The Flower kept it all secret.

It sure seemed like it. I'm very mixed on the hire. His job seemed on the line at Boston College before the season. But I also know some prick fans form Ohio State and they worship this guy.

So I don't know what to think. I too hated the Joe Barry hire from DAY ONE. I don't really know enough about this guy to love it or hate it so I need a year or two to develop my warped views.

On one shoulder, the little man is screaming....exotic blitz packages.....Man to Man coverage is great for Jaire....pressure pressure pressure. Great Hire

On the other, another little man screams. JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY, and it's pretty irresponsible not to at least interview some of the experienced DC's who have already had success in the NFL. I'd STILL TAKE Mike Zimmer, for instance, in a second as my DC anyday.

And I wanna know (and will within the next year.....WTF happened with JIMMY. Guessing he rubbed the Flower the wrong way ; but hell, maybe they chatted and text'd each other and they mutually agreed to not interview. WHO KNOWS.

I will say this; while my bias is to be OK with the hire, I don't have a ton of faith in Flower as a person who is hiring the DC.

When was the last time we had pressure pressure pressure? Capers? A lot of people in here complained about that. Barry was sort of pressure lite. Way too often he would come close with the blitz, the QB would escape and burn us in some gaping open area of the secondary. What I saw from Jimmy at Wisconsin was D a lot like Barry with the Packers - "almost" type blitzes, big open areas in the secondary, and susceptibility to the run.

As I said a couple of times, what WORKED to a large degree anyway was what the Packers did late in the season. For the first time in a long time, it really seemed like we had most of the open space covered against the pass, and we mostly stopped the run too.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Other.
    As another poster opined in an earlier thread, MLF is putting his thumb print on this team.
    Gonna be out of left field.
    Huh

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It sure seemed like it. I'm very mixed on the hire. His job seemed on the line at Boston College before the season. But I also know some prick fans form Ohio State and they worship this guy.

So I don't know what to think. I too hated the Joe Barry hire from DAY ONE. I don't really know enough about this guy to love it or hate it so I need a year or two to develop my warped views.

On one shoulder, the little man is screaming....exotic blitz packages.....Man to Man coverage is great for Jaire....pressure pressure pressure. Great Hire

On the other, another little man screams. JIMMY JIMMY JIMMY, and it's pretty irresponsible not to at least interview some of the experienced DC's who have already had success in the NFL. I'd STILL TAKE Mike Zimmer, for instance, in a second as my DC anyday.

And I wanna know (and will within the next year.....WTF happened with JIMMY. Guessing he rubbed the Flower the wrong way ; but hell, maybe they chatted and text'd each other and they mutually agreed to not interview. WHO KNOWS.

I will say this; while my bias is to be OK with the hire, I don't have a ton of faith in Flower as a person who is hiring the DC.
    Did Leonhard get an interview with anybody? Either he's not seeking an NFL job, or there is no longer interest in him among NFL teams.

There’s a weird story out in ACME that reports are that the Packers offered the job to Zach Orr but that he chose to stay as Baltimore’s new DC after Macdonald went to Seattle. All sounds very bang-bang, and the proposed timeline for this is odd. If they were THAT interested, wouldn’t they have requested an interview sooner, like they did with Dennard Walker?

KYPack

There’s a weird story out in ACME that reports are that the Packers offered the job to Zach Orr but that he chose to stay as Baltimore’s new DC after Macdonald went to Seattle. All sounds very bang-bang, and the proposed timeline for this is odd. If they were THAT interested, wouldn’t they have requested an interview sooner, like they did with Dennard Walker?
    A league source is saying Orr was offered the job. Team source is saying that is not true.

A league source is saying Orr was offered the job. Team source is saying that is not true.
    While we'd expect a team source to say that, the timeline offered in the story didn't seem realisitic, at least from a logical point of view. If you want a guy that bad, why would you not throw your hat in the ring earlier, like you did with other candidates? Makes no sense. On top of that, the story made it sound like they both asked to interview him and offered him the job on January 30th. It just doesn't add up.

KYPack