Thread: Official Vince Biegel 2017 Fourth Round Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    You must be blind, wist. He blew up a critical 3rd and 1 play all by himself, and LSU had a blocker assigned to him. Biegel was fast enough to beat the blocker to the spot.

I don't think this kid in any way is our knight in shining armor at LB, but he's not a bad value in round 4. I do agree that Thompson needs to alter his approach to this position...it hasn't gotten him anywhere in 15 years.
    Which play are you talking about?? Where he dove in and got the guy by the ankle?? I remember that one; and, I remember he actually had a sack in that game when he came in unblocked, overran the QB, the QB stepped up in the pocket but didn't get rid of the ball and Beigel was able to get him from behind.

Where on tape are talking about??

Overall, that video is not a pretty sight for Beigel. He simply is not an explosive athlete, not 'sudden, quick twitch... there's nothing about him that says he has a ceiling above anything more than a decent backup and special teams player.

I would be looking to grab those types of guys out of the ranks of undrafted FA's, and focus my draft picks on trying to procure guys that can be starters or have upside to be starters.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Which play are you talking about?? Where he dove in and got the guy by the ankle?? I remember that one; and, I remember he actually had a sack in that game when he came in unblocked, overran the QB, the QB stepped up in the pocket but didn't get rid of the ball and Beigel was able to get him from behind.

Where on tape are talking about??

Overall, that video is not a pretty sight for Beigel. He simply is not an explosive athlete, not 'sudden, quick twitch... there's nothing about him that says he has a ceiling above anything more than a decent backup and special teams player.

I would be looking to grab those types of guys out of the ranks of undrafted FA's, and focus my draft picks on trying to procure guys that can be starters or have upside to be starters.
    so, for posterity sake...who would you have taken with first pick in 4th.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think I would have taken Samaje Perine

But my second pick there would have Biegel

Followed by Dede Westbrook

I'm happy with Biegel; good pick by Ted
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

For posterity, and without putting any elbow grease into it...

Samaje Perine, RB
    Carl Lawson, LB
    Dorian Johnson, G
    Josh Reynolds, WR

I just don't see Beigel making plays... and can't fathom why anyone would think of him as an ILB.
    wist

Blog Entries

Samaje Perine, RB
    Carl Lawson, LB
    Dorian Johnson, G
    Josh Reynolds, WR

I just don't see Beigel making plays... and can't fathom why anyone would think of him as an ILB.

Didn't you hate Borland too ? Trying to remember. My gut says the same guys who noted Borland can play at a NFL level or ranting the same jibberish about Biegel
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Didn't you hate Borland too ? Trying to remember. My gut says the same guys who noted Borland can play at a NFL level or ranting the same jibberish about Biegel
    No I didn't like Borland... he only played one year and had crazy talent all around him, so you can't extrapolate that out. Hell, if you threw Biegel out there with that much talent, I'm sure he'd look halfway competent too.

Don't think Biegel' s ceiling is very high, but Ted tends to like those kinds of guys.
    wist

No I didn't like Borland... he only played one year and had crazy talent all around him, so you can't extrapolate that out. Hell, if you threw Biegel out there with that much talent, I'm sure he'd look halfway competent too.

Don't think Biegel' s ceiling is very high, but Ted tends to like those kinds of guys.
    Don't forget Ted also tends to like the soft, frail types.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Don't forget Ted also tends to like the soft, frail types.
    And for the record. Your pick at 4.1 was?

Blog Entries

It's ok to admit you were wrong; I hope you are again

Assuming you watched and broke down Borland's play in his first year....you've made my point for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    It's ok to admit you were wrong; I hope you are again

Assuming you watched and broke down Borland's play in his first year....you've made my point for me
    Borland was a limited player... for what they asked him to do, he did it well; but again, he was in the middle of the most talented defense in the NFL at the time, and I can assure you no one was game planning to account for him.

He was a 2nd round pick I think, and there's no way I would take him there then, or now.

I think we have differing views of what to expect from draft picks... I'm looking to hit home runs, you (and Ted) seem fine with blooping singles.
    wist

Samaje Perine, RB
    Carl Lawson, LB
    Dorian Johnson, G
    Josh Reynolds, WR

Thats good, but TT only had one pick so thats all you get. Perine then since you listed him first?

Blog Entries
    Thats good, but TT only had one pick so thats all you get. Perine then since you listed him first?

Perine seemed to be the guy everybody wanted there; I hope TT was right and Beigel kills it

I get that, but I bet one of our rookie RB's outperforms Perine. I just don't like that style of a back.

I get that, but I bet one of our rookie RB's outperforms Perine. I just don't like that style of a back.
    no way. he'll be their starting rb i bet. one of our rookies (williams) won't get that many carries.

I agree on both counts. Perine may or may not be a bust. I'm not gonna label him that way, but I'd be very surprised if he is star quality.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?