Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I can't say I WANT Love to flop - he's a Packer after all, but even if he was as good or better than any of ya'all dream he could be, he would NOT be as good as Rodgers, not now, not 3-4 years from now, probably not 5-7 or even more years from now. Virtually nobody would be. If Love looks even a little bit good, certain dumbasses are inevitably gonna be whining about moving on from Rodgers, and it might push Gutekunst in that idiotic direction too. It's a rotten depressing situation any way you look at it.

What I expect in this game is that Love will be ok, maybe even borderline good, but it won't be enough for the Packers to win even against a team that is getting on the downside like K.C. Why then could the Cowboys for example go on the road and win against the Vikings with Cooper Rush instead of Dak? Because the Cowboys are a lot more talented team overall than the Packers outside of the QB and because as good as Dak is, he is still way short of Aaron Rodgers.
    2 years later he is better than Rodgers 2 most recent seasons. In conclusion you were wrong. And yes, I know you are glad Love is looking good.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    oh, the story did say that in the next line after saying they gave him a new deal

its my right as an american to vent without knowing any facts
    Red, sometimes you just nail a gem of a post.

'Merica....fuck yea!!!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

hahahahaha If that's what floats your boat. If all ya'll can do is go back and dig up my old posts, you're pretty pathetic. I said a couple weeks ago I was wrong about how good Love would be and how soon. The Rodgers haters - which inexplicably there are a lot of in here, like to whine about how pushing him out was a great thing. I don't know whether Gutekunst was such a genius that he was fairly sure Love would turn out to be as great as he is getting to be or not. What I still stand by, though, was that Rodgers would have been great for 3-5 or more years. I'm fairly sure he still will be. Would he have messed up his Achilles if he still was with the Packers? It's a stretch to say either yes or no about that. Would the Packers have done better than 9-8 this year with a healthy Rodgers? I say probably yes, but I'd concede that's debatable.

What I advocated several times was to keep Rodgers and find a way to keep Love too. THAT would have maximized things both short and long term, although admittedly it wouldn't have been easy to do.

Here we are on the brink of the playoffs, and the usual suspects of whiny piss ants are nipping at my heels hahahaha. How many of ya'all were all in on Love from the beginning? How many of ya'all hopped on the Love Train as early as I did?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wanted to see Love as the starter after this happened:

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm quite sure I can man some spots on both lists.....as can most of us.
    No doubt I would have a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I was late on Rodgers. I’ll be late on love too.
    Always the dumb ass, smh.

I always be thing the odds are against guys. And bam, they pan out.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Would the Packers have done better than 9-8 this year with a healthy Rodgers? I say probably yes, but I'd concede that's debatable.
    Problem is Rodgers would have insisted on us keeping Cobb and Lazard. You would have had Wicks and Reed #5 and #6 on the depth chart and there's no way either of them would have more than 15-20 catches. Those guys might have fallen through the cracks while he almost exclusively threw to the other 4 guys whenever possible.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    Problem is Rodgers would have insisted on us keeping Cobb and Lazard. You would have had Wicks and Reed #5 and #6 on the depth chart and there's no way either of them would have more than 15-20 catches. Those guys might have fallen through the cracks while he almost exclusively threw to the other 4 guys whenever possible.
    He also wouldn't have involved Musgraves or Kraft like Love did.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Just compare the pass charts of Rodgers in 2022 and Love in 2023 in Week 18. Rodgers conceded the middle of the field to the defense. Love attacked every area of the field.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Wow, the difference there is stark. Even if JLo isnt the long term guy, I think it was just time.

2nd week in a row for Love.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Getting hit at the right time can mean a deep run.

Love Reed kraft all smoking hot right now.

I'm at the point of thinking this band wagon is going to be a wagon train
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Love train baby!

I just paid for qb school patreon. JT was beside himself on the 9 route to the left sideline in the 4th quarter to reed when he almost went out of bounds. He said that’s as good of a throw as you’ll ever see, anywhere. He’s also starting to come around to Love’s fade away. He was like battling with himself whether it’s ok or not, where in the past he was dead against it. Now he’s saying, “well, he’s good at it, I guess if you can do it” one minute and then, “it’s probably not going to work the next time” the next minute. But he’s starting to change his tune and just recognize that Love is really really good fading away. And that’s what I’ve been saying. It works. Damn near every time. So why not. It keeps him out of harms way and there’s no loss. It’s just one of the things that makes Love special. Mahommes has a few of those too, Favre did, Rodgers did. Great ones can do things other guys can’t.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post

It's the Love Train, baby!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Damn that’s some blind rage, what was I even pissed about?
    Tex was talking shit about Rodgers and it got around to the infamous "autograph incident". This lit your fuse and you went off on him. You then posted this classic. It ought to be engraved in granite and placed at the entrance of PackerRats.

This whole thread is a classic in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post

I assume you mean "getting hot" at the right time and not "getting hit."

If that's the case, then I have to agree. And the offense has gone from this, after the Denver game:

To this:

Yup. They got hot at the right time.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I assume you mean "getting hot" at the right time and not "getting hit."

If that's the case, then I have to agree. And the offense has gone from this, after the Denver game:

To this:

Yup. They got hot at the right time.
    You are a great translator fritz
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Wow, the difference there is stark. Even if JLo isnt the long term guy, I think it was just time.
    It was time. Rodgers had 3 completions over 10 yards, and a lot very close to the LOS. That was a common theme last year, and a trend from prior seasons.
    The 2022 receivers weren't all that great last year, but I'm not sure Rodgers did them many favors.

Love has been objectively better this year than Rodgers was last year.
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2022/
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/2023/

Nonetheless, I'm resisting jumping on the bandwagon until about Week 4 next season. It's trending in the right direction though.

Of course Love has been better, but you can't separate a QB from his receivers. Rodgers, objectively, had drastically fewer open receivers last year than Love this year. You can't really account for that when comparing one season's numbers to the next.