Thread: What is the NFL saturation point?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Special or not, the current level of exposure Provides Ever increasing advertising dollars. Until that trend reverses the NFL will continue to find additional time slots to exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Special or not, the current level of exposure Provides Ever increasing advertising dollars. Until that trend reverses the NFL will continue to find additional time slots to exploit
    Sure, and fantasy football was a God-send to the NFL. Even formerly lukewarm NFL fans have become rabid over following "their" players. More people are following more games, and more viewers=more $.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sure, and fantasy football was a God-send to the NFL. Even formerly lukewarm NFL fans have become rabid over following "their" players. More people are following more games, and more viewers=more $.
    FF is probably my least favorite aspect of football. But people seem to like it, so whatever. Still, "Gosh I hope Randy Moss scores 5 TDs agains the Packers because he's on my fantasy team - but I hope the Packers still win!!" <--- these are the people who I want to punch in the face.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    FF is probably my least favorite aspect of football. But people seem to like it, so whatever. Still, "Gosh I hope Randy Moss scores 5 TDs agains the Packers because he's on my fantasy team - but I hope the Packers still win!!" <--- these are the people who I want to punch in the face.
    I do hate that part of FF, but I care so little about the other teams in the league that it at least keeps me interested in the other games enough to watch them.
    Otherwise I'm watching some crap with my wife (I have a few other days a week to do that).

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I couldn't agree more, for the same reasons. Even my own sons are that way. Makes me wonder where I went wrong......