Thread: The So Early It's Both Awesome & Stupid Thread- Pick the 53

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Finally someone who thinks White will stick around :-0

I doubt they'd go with just 3 TEs though.
    White's strength is in the slot where the WR group is thinnest, I think that gives him an inside edge. Taylor has contributed so little outside of special teams that he's barely a TE. With all the LB's I kept I decided he was disposable.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    White's strength is in the slot where the WR group is thinnest, I think that gives him an inside edge. Taylor has contributed so little outside of special teams that he's barely a TE. With all the LB's I kept I decided he was disposable.
    I agree on White, and tend to agree on Taylor. I still think if Lyerla gets back in two weeks (like some reports say), that may be enough for him to stick. More upside and Lyerla has experience playing STs. I think it's a tossup on Taylor vs. Stoneburner, but I think Taylor has been on most of the #1 STs units still (but not all). Until I start hearing about Stoneburner playing more on the #1 STs units, I think Taylor has the edge.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I was thinking that as well, but maybe not always? For ST purposes, 4-3 LBs and TEs are similar, but when you get some of the larger OLBs (converted DEs like Neale) they aren't going to run as well as the H-back types.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...