Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1302

Thread: Official Packers - Seahawks Game Thread 1/18/15

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Given the score, the D and the way the game played out, that wasn't a huge cost. But it left them with less margin for error and then they got WAY too conservative.
    Yeah, I've seen us fail miserably enough on 4th and goal from the 1 lately...I'll take the 3 points against a Seattle team that is offensively challenged. McCarthy's playcalling in the redzone is about the worst I've seen from an NFL head coach. That wasn't the pussy move that cost us the game. Deciding to basically take a knee from the start of the 4th quarter when the Seahawk defense was gassed, injured, limping, on the ropes....that is inexcusable from a coaching staff.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    The Packers are getting criticized for shutting down their offense with a 19-7 lead and under 5 minutes to play after Burnett's interception. I think 31 other teams would do exactly what MM did and call 3 running plays to force Seattle to burn TOs. Everybody is quick to say that special teams cost us this win, and they certainly contributed.

Remember, in the last 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of overtime, our defense gave up 22 points. Our offense had the ball for about a minute and scored 3 points. Our defense EPICALLY failed. I don't believe this is on the defensive coordinator. I believe the players failed. They, and I don't use this word easily, completely choked. MM didn't lose the game. Capers didn't lose the game. Special teams certainly contributed, but the defense lost this game after playing lights out for 57 minutes. The players choked this game away.

Have to agree with this..although...I"d credit the ST as much as any.

And I gotta say.....in looking at the Fake Field Goal.....Ryan would have been caught by House. Hawk leaving the receiver was TERRIBLE
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post

Man - biggest choke ever by a guy who will go down in infamy way ahead of T.J. Rubley and every choke story in the history of football.

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    So you are absolving the coaches for losing this game?
    Yes the coaches deserve credit for WINNING THIS GAME. One guy took it away from them all. Unbelievable.
    Still fire Slocum but that shouldn't happen just because of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ya know what I wanted to see? One goddamm fucking play run at Sherman while he's holding a useless arm against his shirt. Fuck, even Kirk kicked the shit out of Khan after he had to tuck his useless hand in his belt.

Run to Sherman's side and just make him try one tackle. Throw over there and make him jam with one hand only. Anything. Geezus that was intolerable. INTOLERABLE!
    yes, it was odd that they never tested Sherman

the worst defeat in Packer history will have more than 1 goat. IT's tempting to blame it all on MM, Slocum, Hawk, Bostick ..... There were a series of epic fuckups

Yes the coaches deserve credit for WINNING THIS GAME. One guy took it away from them all. Unbelievable.

One guy? That's bullshit. There were many plays that could have sealed it. Many. That was one giant fuckup, not the only mistake and failure.

Blog Entries
    ROGERS INTERVIEW

Seemed VERY short when trying to answer a question about whether they knew of Richard Sherman going with one arm....asking if they could have capitalized better
    he noted
    We didn't get it done....he's clearly not happy with lack of aggression on O
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    One guy? That's bullshit. There were many plays that could have sealed it. Many. That was one giant fuckup, not the only mistake and failure.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I'll give you an honest answer. I love the Packers, always have and always will. But I have NEVER been a stubby fan, I really think he is an over rated coach. I also don't care for Slocum or Capers. But keeping them around is just another example of how inadequate stubby is. Many fans don't remember the years of shitty to mediocre QB's. The Packers have had a superstar QB for the last 20+ years. You HAVE to take an advantage of that, because it won't last forever. But the powers that be in GB seem happy to say well shucks we almost made it, maybe next year.
    Fair enough
    Go PACK

I thought we lost.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post

If we don't give up the onside kick we win though

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    The Packers are getting criticized for shutting down their offense with a 19-7 lead and under 5 minutes to play after Burnett's interception. I think 31 other teams would do exactly what MM did and call 3 running plays to force Seattle to burn TOs. Everybody is quick to say that special teams cost us this win, and they certainly contributed.

Remember, in the last 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of overtime, our defense gave up 22 points. Our offense had the ball for about a minute and scored 3 points. Our defense EPICALLY failed. I don't believe this is on the defensive coordinator. I believe the players failed. They, and I don't use this word easily, completely choked. MM didn't lose the game. Capers didn't lose the game. Special teams certainly contributed, but the defense lost this game after playing lights out for 57 minutes. The players choked this game away.
    I disagree. Imagine if, after Burnett's interception, Belicheck was the head coach instead of Stubby. I guarantee we don't lose the game. You don't win the game by taking a knee, especially when Seattle has all its timeouts. You win by making a 1st down. We've done it several times earlier in the season.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    once we f'cked up the onside kick I knew we were done; what a terrible terrible feeling
    The fake FG for TD was the start. Burnett falling down on his own when he could have had a TD was next.

Slocum was livid with Bostick as he walked off the field because he didn't do what Slocum coached him to do. I'd bet my life on that.
    Vince I hear you.

However, Slocum as the coach should have an understanding of who is capable of doing an assignment. We all know what was supposed to happen...and I'm sure Bostick knows what is supposed to happen. However, what was supposed to happen didn't. Great coaching staffs prepare their players...we all know Slocum is HORRIFIC in preparing his players. We've seen it 100 times. Just because Slocum covered this on a chalkboard for 15 minutes this week is not enough...and that is my guess as to how Slocum approaches his job. Not just based on this game...but the countless other times his players have screwed the pooch.

Fool me once...shame on the player. Fool me 100 times...the coach is a fucking retard and needs to go or we'll ALWAYS have stupid dumbasses out there costing us games. That is EXACTLY why Slocum earns a paycheck. To make sure the dumbasses are weeded out. You don't wait until the NFCC game to figure out if a guy can pass mustard.

We didn't get it done....he's clearly not happy with lack of aggression on O
    Probably hard for Rodgers to audible out of plays in Seattle

They shut down too soon. And Russell Wilson suggests God was the 13th man. That's a lot to overcome.

If we don't give up the onside kick we win though

If he scores on the pick instead of sliding, if if if if.....lots of ifs, that was just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I disagree. Imagine if, after Burnett's interception, Belicheck was the head coach instead of Stubby. I guarantee we don't lose the game. You don't win the game by taking a knee, especially when Seattle has all its timeouts. You win by making a 1st down. We've done it several times earlier in the season.
    Yep. You have Aaron Fucking Rodgers. Go win the game. Don't just "hope" the Seahawks run out of time.

What a shitty game.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

fuck the fake fg, 4th and 26, pales in comparison to 2nd and 30, 3rd and 19 and then you rush 2 guys and well fuck it I have a softball game to watch superbowl sunday anyhow....just the dumbest shit I have ever witnessed.....plenty of blame to go around and well these things linger for teams. They may never recover from this. Maybe its time for MM to go. This is a talented team that just wilted like a little bitch.