Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
In case this wasn't addressed elsewhere, it sure looked like his attempted leap was where he re-aggravated his hip or whatever - that's why it looked like such a poor effort.

I thought it was Randall that got beat on that one. But no, it was Hyde.

I like Hyde, as a person. He seems like a really decent guy, and he's a very solid punt returner, too. But he should be buried when it comes to playing time on defense. He's always, always behind his guy. He rarely makes plays.

Good special teams guy.

Elsewhere...

Was I correct in thinking the Packers played offense a lot more with Rodgers under center? It seemed that way, and it seemed somehow to help Lacey.

Was it just me, or did having Tretter at center make the snaps to Rodgers in the shotgun go more smoothly? How many times, with Linsley under center, was the play clock ticking down and Rodgers impatiently slapping his hands together for the ball, and Linsley just holding it until Rodgers had to call a timeout? A thousand? I didn't see that problem with Tretter at center. And he seemed to block well, too.

The offensive line played much, much better yesterday, no? Rodgers had plenty of time (except for a few times in that half) and there were actual holes for Lacey.

I wonder why Lacey played, finally, with a fire under his ass.

Cobb dropping two passes and Jones another? Ugh. Especially because...

It looks like Davante Adams is still not right with that ankle injury.

Looks like Nick Perry made some quiet but solid plays. Neal was a force, too. And Matthews is just incredible.

Rodgers still off, but maybe he can get his juju back a little after that win.

And for all of you (us?) doubters, this is another one of MM's specials - he does surprise you when you think they're ready to be flushed.