Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Under performed just covers too much ground.

He had difficulty with the 49ers and their Cover 2 taking away what they do best. So is the solution to change the QB performance or do something with the offense? M3's answer was to lean heavier on the run game to make the team pay for playing Cover 2. Outside of running short crossing stuff like the Patriots and Broncos, that might be the Packers best answer until they find a TE who can also extract a price from a Cover 2.

Prior to Lacy, if you were a team that plays Cover 2 and can't rush the passer (recent Bears or current Bucs) then Rodgers will just move and wait for Cobb or Nelson to find a hole in the zone.

Last year with screens and this year with shakedowns, we began to see the old Holmgren WCO answer to tight coverage.

The Seahawks are another matter entirely. The Packers can run on them, but not when they leverage against it. However, this Packers team can pass block them, and in single safety, someone will be open. A healthy Rodgers puts 30 on this year's banged up Seahawks defense.
For what it is worth I have issues with the schematics at times too. To me questioning a play call or game management decision is always so convenient when it doesn't work. If the opposite decision was made, (ie throwing instead of running the clock down and going for it on 4th and goal) with a negative outcome, there would be just as much criticism. That's why I have to look at execution first and foremost, with the opportunities the scheme presented. And the opportunities were ample, and enough to win that game. Even if you want to blame 100% of the accuracy issues on the calf, (which I find absurd but let's say that for arguments sake), the decision making and mental focus was poor. I'm not sure how you can argue that. Both interceptions were easily avoidable, and were momentum killers. There are other examples through out the game, but just omit those 2 bonehead decisions and we win that game. The scheme and coaching will never be perfect and will always be subject to the criticism of hindsight. Aaron will also never be perfect, but he needs to be much more smart and efficient for us to win more championships.