Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
The Packers are getting criticized for shutting down their offense with a 19-7 lead and under 5 minutes to play after Burnett's interception. I think 31 other teams would do exactly what MM did and call 3 running plays to force Seattle to burn TOs. Everybody is quick to say that special teams cost us this win, and they certainly contributed.

Remember, in the last 3 minutes of the game and in the first 3 minutes of overtime, our defense gave up 22 points. Our offense had the ball for about a minute and scored 3 points. Our defense EPICALLY failed. I don't believe this is on the defensive coordinator. I believe the players failed. They, and I don't use this word easily, completely choked. MM didn't lose the game. Capers didn't lose the game. Special teams certainly contributed, but the defense lost this game after playing lights out for 57 minutes. The players choked this game away.
I disagree. Imagine if, after Burnett's interception, Belicheck was the head coach instead of Stubby. I guarantee we don't lose the game. You don't win the game by taking a knee, especially when Seattle has all its timeouts. You win by making a 1st down. We've done it several times earlier in the season.