Thread: Pimps & Hoes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I haven't watched the All-22 yet but I suspect Rodgers isn't really the issue. He hasn't been Elvis or anything through 3 games but even if he had things may not be too different. I think there are two main problems on offense.

1. We don't have a running play yet. Every year as this team gels there emerges a running play that the team just plain executes well and becomes a go-to play as well as a foundation from which to run misdirection like counters and play action off of. So far they have not found that play. I don't know if I've even seen a good candidate.

2. Of all the receivers, only Jordy has been of even starter quality. Boykin has looked ridiculously slow out of his cuts and is dropping everything. At this point he's earned a demotion to #4, maybe even #5. Nobody has been in a better position to succeed than Cobb yet every game he's had a chance to make a play and literally let it slip through his fingers. He's consistently lost 1 on 1's against subpar talents and mismatches. In the open field he hasn't looked like the threat he's supposed to be. He has sucked at doing all the things that are supposed to be his strengths. Adams hasn't had as many opportunities but should definitely be stealing more and more snaps from Boykin. He is only a slight improvement though in that on the rare occasion that he does get open his hands have been reliable. Quarless is by far the best thing we've got and is a backup quality TE. He's not particularly good at anything and doesn't have the kind of hands you want to rely on to move the chains, especially when the running game is just a turd.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Adams hasn't had as many opportunities but should definitely be stealing more and more snaps from Boykin. He is only a slight improvement though in that on the rare occasion that he does get open his hands have been reliable.
    It's par for course that rookie wide-outs disappoint. I remember Sterling Sharpe struggling out of gate. But I certainly want to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    especially when the running game is just a turd.
    I'm not so discouraged by running game. Obviously they tried to squeeze blood out of rock yesterday, should have used more short passes. There were some running lanes, Starks played well, the run blocking has been far worse in recent memory.

I'm not at all discouraged by O-line, I think they will be a strength. The skill players are looking unskilled, lay off the fat guys. (Well, with possible exception of Coach.)