Thread: Brian Gutekunst, Making No Sense

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing how some posters never miss an opportunity to piss on Janis.

I doubt McCarthy hates him hahahaha. He may very well hate the idea of giving playing time to younger players at some positions over other players. There also really seems to be something to this preference for slower receivers thing. Of course, ability to get open and catch the ball is important too, right there with speed. Janis (and Davis) have caught it as well as anybody, and route running is pretty much a learned skill - so it's on the coaches if they haven't improved as much as young guys from other teams.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I doubt McCarthy hates him hahahaha. He may very well hate the idea of giving playing time to younger players at some positions over other players. There also really seems to be something to this preference for slower receivers thing. Of course, ability to get open and catch the ball is important too, right there with speed. Janis (and Davis) have caught it as well as anybody, and route running is pretty much a learned skill - so it's on the coaches if they haven't improved as much as young guys from other teams.
    Thunderdan misinterpreted me, I don't believe the Packers hate Janis, but I do believe young receivers need playing time to get better. I also believe Janis' window of opportunity with the packers closed quite awhile ago.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

I doubt McCarthy hates him hahahaha. He may very well hate the idea of giving playing time to younger players at some positions over other players.
    This is a dumb take too. Stubby gave plenty of time to Jennings and Jones when they were young. Finley, Cobb, and Monty as well. Why? Because they had talent and knew what they were doing. Isn't it obvious that Janis doesn't cut it? Maybe the guy is good for a few patterns, but the lack of trustworthiness (and this comes from Rodgers, not Stubby) was a huge detriment. You can't play with a guy who doesn't do the right thing on almost every play.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck