Thread: Packer Succession: GM and Coach Talk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    McCarthy is signed through 2015. But coaches in good standing who are not mired in a dispute over value or role rarely make it to the lame duck season. So he would normally be signed to an extension somewhere between now and next offseason. Its not that early.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCarthy is signed through 2015. But coaches in good standing who are not mired in a dispute over value or role rarely make it to the lame duck season. So he would normally be signed to an extension somewhere between now and next offseason. Its not that early.
    and i would have this discussion next off season

his team looked like absolute shit without a-rod on the field. is the team good just because of a-rod? it sure as hell wasn't good without him

is the team a playoff team because of m3, or is the team good because of its future hall of fame QB?

its well documented how i feel about m3. i think he's a poor play caller, a poor game planner, doesn't get his guys ready for games, and sticks by his shitty assistant coaches for too long. in short, i think the team wins in spite of its current head coach, and its possible for the team to be better with a different HC

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    and i would have this discussion next off season

his team looked like absolute shit without a-rod on the field. is the team good just because of a-rod? it sure as hell wasn't good without him

is the team a playoff team because of m3, or is the team good because of its future hall of fame QB?

its well documented how i feel about m3. i think he's a poor play caller, a poor game planner, doesn't get his guys ready for games, and sticks by his shitty assistant coaches for too long. in short, i think the team wins in spite of its current head coach, and its possible for the team to be better with a different HC
    So you must think TT is lights out as GM then. And before you give me the "ARod is the ONLY reason they can beat a high school team" routine, we went 2-2 with a journeyman QB who nobody else will sign once the shock and awe of losing Arod was over.

Anyway, I personally think Russ Ball is the guy TT kind of hand picked as his successor early on. Weather or not Mike Murphy is on board with that, I have no clue.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So you must think TT is lights out as GM then. And before you give me the "ARod is the ONLY reason they can beat a high school team" routine, we went 2-2 with a journeyman QB who nobody else will sign once the shock and awe of losing Arod was over.

Anyway, I personally think Russ Ball is the guy TT kind of hand picked as his successor early on. Weather or not Mike Murphy is on board with that, I have no clue.
    http://www.packers.com/team/staff/ru...-7567ed7712e0/

Russ Ball certainly is well experienced at what he does or negotiating player contracts and managing the salary cap, and the daily supervision of football-administration departments including - athletic training, equipment, video, corporate travel, player development, family programs and public relations.

I'd be somewhat surprized if he's the next Packer GM.... sometime in the 2020's.

Ted Thompson isn't going anywhere.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    One thing that McGinn doesn't seem to consider is that a contract extension/renegotiation could be for two years, bringing MM under contract until only one year after TT's contract is up. A new GM would then have a year to decide what to do - keep MM, let him walk, whatever.

That wouldn't be untenable for a new GM, I don't think, and it would give MM a little peace of mind, anyway, if that's what they're after.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack