Thread: "PACKER POISED FOR FREE AGENT PURSUITS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers will not get back any of Marty Bennett's signing bonus. The prorated amount of 4.2 million will count against the Packers 2018 cap. That was one bad free agent pickup.
    Let me just go on the record and remind you all that when they signed Bennett, I was totally against that. Many times, I said he was past his prime, that there was a reason he had played for so many teams, that he would probably block fine but would drop a lot of passes, that he would probably quit on the team if Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and that Ted would release him but try to get some of that money back, but that they would lose that money.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Let me just go on the record and remind you all that when they signed Bennett, I was totally against that. Many times, I said he was past his prime, that there was a reason he had played for so many teams, that he would probably block fine but would drop a lot of passes, that he would probably quit on the team if Aaron Rodgers got hurt, and that Ted would release him but try to get some of that money back, but that they would lose that money.
    i'm on the record as saying he might be at the most a slight upgrade over cook

turns out he was a massive downgrade. and what really sucks is that cook really wanted to stay here and would have been cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

turns out he was a massive downgrade. and what really sucks is that cook really wanted to stay here and would have been cheaper

At least they won't lose players due to TT's ego anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    At least they won't lose players due to TT's ego anymore.
    Ted Thompson - egomaniac

When the subject of Thompson came up during Seahawks GM John Schneider's combine news conference on Friday, the former Ron Wolf/Ted Thompson protégé became emotional. Schneider was asked about Thompson's impact on the Packers, and he got one word out before his voice began to break up.

"Enormous," Schneider said.

"He's a special guy," Schneider resumed. "And he did [it] his own way. His personality. His quiet, ethical, great character, high character."
    http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...elt-at-combine
    Go PACK

Not so sure on cook being cheaper. Pretty sure him and his agent misjudged the market.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Not so sure on cook being cheaper. Pretty sure him and his agent misjudged the market.
    packers offered cook a 6 million a year incentive laden contract, and pulled it off the table when they gave bennett 7 per year with no funny money

cook signed for 5.3 per year with oakland

packers offered cook a 6 million a year incentive laden contract, and pulled it off the table when they gave bennett 7 per year with no funny money

cook signed for 5.3 per year with oakland
    Did Cook agree to the $6 mil per year deal? Why did he take less?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There was an article a few weeks ago basically saying Packers thought they had an agreement with Cook and Cook's agent came back asking for more last minute. Cook's side is of course saying otherwise. One of those nobody really knows type of deals.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    cook says he never turned down the deal

they were in the middle of tough negotiations, the team put the 6 million a year on the table, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere, on the same morning, throw bennett for 7 million a year

i don't know if the offer then got pulled, or cook told the team to fuck off after they were fighting him so hard over every dime, just to turn around in a matter of minutes or hours and give a guy from another team everything he wanted, no questions asked

btw, reading some of the old articles, a-rod wanted cook back bad

cook says he never turned down the deal

they were in the middle of tough negotiations, the team put the 6 million a year on the table, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere, on the same morning, throw bennett for 7 million a year

i don't know if the offer then got pulled, or cook told the team to fuck off after they were fighting him so hard over every dime, just to turn around in a matter of minutes or hours and give a guy from another team everything he wanted, no questions asked

btw, reading some of the old articles, a-rod wanted cook back bad
    The Packers thought they had a deal. The agent walked away with the offer and said we will think about it.

That usually means they will shop it. And the Packers went out and signed Bennett. The fact that Cook then got less kinda establishes that they misjudged their market. Packers did not want a bidding war and there were other options.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I said I agree with Fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I said I agree with Fritz.
    Boy, this re-writing history is easier than I thought it would be.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack